Nextcloud login page is empty

Here’s my setup:

Nextcloud version 14.0.0.9
Operating system and version: linux mint 18.1
Apache: 2.4
PHP version: 7.0

The issue:
I recently installed nextcloud locally. The computer crashed (unrelated to nextcloud) but then when I rebooted and tried to log into nextcloud, the log in page was completely blank. When I view->source on the page, it is also empty.

There was no nextcloud.log file in /var/log

The apache error log in /var/log/apache2/error.log had

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught OCP\\AppFramework\\QueryException: Could not resolve defaultTokenProvider! Class defaultTokenProvider does not exist in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php:110

I found a page on these forums suggesting it’s a database problem. So I verified that the db was running (it is). And that I could log in. I looked in config.php for the login information, but using that username/pass I couldn’t login. I then logged in as root and looked at the users table, but the username (starting with oc_) wasn’t there. So that seems like the problem.

But I don’t know how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Brian

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'id',
  'passwordsalt' => 'salty',
  'secret' => 'secret',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
    1 => '192.168.1.197',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '14.0.0.19',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://localhost/nextcloud',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'secret',
  'dbpassword' => 'secret',
  'installed' => true,
);

I ended up just reinstalling installing everything. I just checked and now there’s an entry in mysql.user that has the oc_ prefix. So I guess that was the problem, but I don’t know what could have caused it.

Brian