Nextcloud isnt responding after some spare time

Hey guys,

ive got a problem recently.
everytime noone is using the server instance nextcloud seems to play out a countdown or sth i think. usually its like 1 hour and then the server doesn’t respond anymore. in other words u cant connect via localhost or webdomain until i restart the whole server-pc.

does anyone encounter a similar problem ?

ps: fresh set up 3 days old, newest nxc version i could get. updates are up to date.

Fox

Hi,

Sounds like the server is going into some kind of hibernate mode. Could still be an application causing a denial of service due to a bug or high resource consumption.
I suggest you check your system logs and find out if the system is going into some sleep mode or if a resource issue is causing services to stop working.

Tell us a bit more about your server regarding hardware operating system (desktop version?), web server used, PHP version.

That’s an odd issue. I would start by confirming what is still running and what isn’t while it’s unresponsive. For instance can you still get on the server via SSH? Are all the processes still running (web server, database, Docker container if applicable)? Does the port still respond to connections?

You can test the port with psping.exe server:port to do a TCP SYN ping and see if the port responds.

When you say ”restart the whole server-pc” what specifically are you doing?

So i tried a bunch of things and the only problem the logs filter are these :

==> /var/log/syslog <==
Aug 6 07:33:42 fuchsserver systemd-resolved[915]: Server returned error NXDOMAIN, mitigating potential DNS violation DVE-2018-0001, retrying transaction with reduced feature level UDP.
Aug 6 07:33:43 fuchsserver systemd-resolved[915]: message repeated 3 times: [ Server returned error NXDOMAIN, mitigating potential DNS violation DVE -2018-0001, retrying transaction with reduced feature level UDP.]
Aug 6 07:35:07 fuchsserver systemd[1]: Starting Cleanup of Temporary Directories…
Aug 6 07:35:08 fuchsserver systemd[1]: Started Cleanup of Temporary Directories.
Aug 6 07:36:08 fuchsserver kernel: [ 967.770928] audit: type=1400 audit(1565076968.049:57): apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“file_mmap” profile=“snap.n extcloud.nextcloud-cron” name="/" pid=5985 comm=“php” requested_mask=“w” denied_mask=“w” fsuid=0 ouid=0

==> /var/log/kern.log <==
Aug 6 07:36:08 fuchsserver kernel: [ 967.770928] audit: type=1400 audit(1565076968.049:57): apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“file_mmap” profile=“snap.n extcloud.nextcloud-cron” name="/" pid=5985 comm=“php” requested_mask=“w” denied_mask=“w” fsuid=0 ouid=0

==> /var/log/syslog <==
Aug 6 07:36:55 fuchsserver systemd-resolved[915]: Server returned error NXDOMAIN, mitigating potential DNS violation DVE-2018-0001, retrying transaction with reduced feature level UDP.

So first of all ill try to manually set a new dns.
But what does the (mask w) in the kernel mean?

I’m not familiar with apparmor, but if I need to guess I’d say Nextcloud tries to w rite something and that is blocked (“DENIED”).
You probably need to check where and how you can grant operation=“file_mmap” write permission.

I hope this makes sense and is correct :smiley: