Nextcloud is working perfectly, but I'm now unable to access certain websites through my router, no matter what device I use

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud Version 3.4.2 (Windows): replace me
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): replace me
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:
Installed the NextcloudPi OS on an RPi with an external drive to use as a cloud server. Then installed Nextcloud on Win10 to back up to that drive.
Everything works fine, but when I try to log in to, for example, my stock trading account at Trading212.com, I get an access denied error. Same on the T212 app on my phone
My reddit client on my phone is also always saying ‘Servers are having issues’ when they’re not.
Definitely only started after installing NC
Sorry, not that tech savvy to know what other info to put here, can anyone help? It’s impossible to google because it only brings up problems with NC itself, not the router

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

So when you switch off the RPi, all works as normal?

Try to do a traceroute to your trading server, when the RPi is switched off, then switch it on. I guess the RPi messes with your DNS.

Can you ping the trading server by IP address? Should give a hint too.

I don’t think this is NC related.

Sounds totally unrelated to Nextcloud. Check your router setup and go back through steps of anything you changed in your DNS. Without any other information it is impossible to advise you further. Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.