Nextcloud iOS app login fails

Iā€™ve been having a strange issue signing in on iOS devices. I have a newly-created Nextcloud setup with a NGINX reverse proxy in front. When I try to sign in to the iOS app using my password, I see ā€œAccess Forbidden Invalid request.ā€ When I try signing in via token, I only see a white screen with the close button ā€“ No error message. The interesting thing is when I look at my HTTP logs, I can see perfect HTTP 200 status codes being returned and the device shows up in settings, so it looks to be a bug with the iOS app. However, I have an old Nextcloud setup that works just fine with the iOS app, but this one does not have a reverse proxy nor HTTPS. (it was behind a VPN)

1. This indicates that there is a problem with the reverse proxy. Which mistakes could cause this and what should I check for?
  2. Where could I locate logs for the Nextcloud iOS app which would seriously help my debugging process?

Thank you!

I have similar issues, except that I donā€™t get any error messages from the app in any case. Since I am also running a reverse proxy, I do wonder if the app login problem is somehow related to that. Would be nice to get an official response.

Indeedā€¦ I found that clicking on ā€œRevert to old login methodā€ makes it possible to sign in, but an official bugfix would be great.

Hi veryone,

I have a similar problem to theses folowing :

I installed a brand new nextcloud Official VM server from hanssonIT, everything works well with iOS App when open 80/443 ports on my router directly redirected to this VM.

The problem is when ports are redirected to my Synology NAS using the intergrated reverse proxy to access the nextcloud portal.
It seems that other people face the same probleme with a classical nginx revers proxy.

To be more precise, everything is ok behind the synology reverse proxy through a brower, the problem is only with the mobile iOS App.

Is anyone already saw/solved this issue ?

This problem seems to be over a year old. I just installed nextcloud (July 2020).
I have apache nextcloud running on an RPi server behind an nginx (rPi) reverse proxy. Everything works from both inside using Chrome and outside using Safari. The IOS app asks you to login and then hangs with no error message. If I switch to ā€œuse the old login methodā€ it works perfectly.

nload running on my reverse proxy indicates that the app does not even try to send anything to it. Yet with the old login method and safari it does. This appears to be a bug but I donā€™t know how to report it.

Iā€™m having this problem now, however the fix is not working for me. When I try ā€œRevert to old login methodā€ and enter my credentials I get: ā€œError, It is not possible to connect to the server at this time. 401: Unauthorizedā€.

The problem is happening on my iPad. I can log into the webapp just fine, but I need to be able to log into the app to access my files via the share sheet and it will not let me in.

I had the same Problem after reverse Proxy, but I didā€™t find the ā€œRevert to old login methodā€ thingā€¦ so I just add a new app-Password in the web interface under Profile -> Security and select: ā€œadd QR-Code for Mobiledevicesā€ and this finally worked as login method ā€¦ hope it helps somebody else ^^

I was having the same problems. When typing the ip into the login on my iPhone it would say canā€™t find/locate server. But if you type http://192.xxx.xxx.x.x it logged in just fine even tho the app puts the http:// in automatically

This is still a problem after all this time. I have to assume that the iphone app is no longer being supported.

I somehow managed to login using QR code (other methods failed), then started using the app, got logged out (donā€™t know why) and now canā€™t log back in :slight_smile:

When I open the app, I can see the directory structure for 2 seconds (I can even click on stuff) and then get prompted to log in again (this time there is no option to log in via QR code and I canā€™t log in).

I had to reinstall the app in order to get to ā€˜revert to old methodā€™ (QR code login).

Was having similar problems. I added proxy_hide_header Upgrade; to the location of my nginx and I was able to login normally. I was actually fixing the ā€œGrant Accessā€ hang on another NC instance and noticed this line from the other conf.

NB: Iā€™m using the linuxserver docker of Nextcloud though. Maybe this will help, maybe not.

Hello, I currently have an issue with ā€œUnRaid,ā€ and Iā€™m also using it under ā€œDocker.ā€ However, Iā€™m using ā€œNginx Proxy Manager,ā€ which provides a web page for configuring everything. I would like to know where you placed this line?

Thank you to you and the others.