Nextcloud Hub but no ONLYOFFICE

Nextcloud version: 18.07
PHP version: 7.3

The issue you are facing:
Installed the ONLYOFFICE connector but can’t find a way to create or edit a Word or Spreadsheet file.
I don’t see any options in the menus, including (+)
Also uploaded .docx, xlsx, odt and .ods files and when I left click it opens the dialog box to download, when I right click, no option to edit either.
After finally being able to update to version 18 this is a big disappointment. I really don’t see the Office support right out of the box.

Thanks

You need a seperate onlyoffice online server

That’s not true.

Have you installed oo community server as well and read through the forum for the best way enabling it?

And what is now the difference from my comment? You say thats not true and then ask if he has installed that server…

It’s an app called server… It’s no standalone server, as your comment implied.

If you meant the same it wasn’t clear to me and I’d like to say sorry

1 Like

That is not an app, this is a fullblown server that is a separte stanalone piece of software, it requires an x86 or x86/64 cpu btw, so no raspberry or other arm based device…

The onlyoffice nextcloud app is just a connector so to say…

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/documentserver_community

1 Like

Oh, missed that one, i take back everything…

So it’s a lie that Nextcloud hub supports office documents right out of the box? You still have to install a separate server?

that’s no lie… If you install NC18 anew (and never had installed any Nextcloud before) it’ll be supported right of of the box.
If you’d update to NC18 you need to install 2 more apps. But no extra server.

I updated from NC 17. What two apps do I need to install?

why not reading through this thread? and search the forum? all answers are already out and given.

install the one given above and the connecting app. both to be found in nc-appstore from your nc

Hi!

I’m trying to figure out how to do what you advice @JimmyKater, and as a non-developer, installing OnlyOffice via “Docker” is quite nebulous to me (knowing I’m on Nextcloud 19.0.2 and thus don’t benefit from the OnlyOffice pre-installed version).

I also thought that I could get running with live document collaboration straight out of the box, and it seems like a maze to me to install OnlyOffice when I read the configuration info.

Is there any simpler way to do it for non-developer people like me?
If not, do you know of any video tutorial of how I can do this? Or would you mind having a video conference to show me the steps or do them with me? Or should I get and pay a developer for that?

I’m ready to invest some time and even money into configuring my server well, and just don’t want to spend hours figuring out how to get OnlyOffice or Collabora (which is not working either on my server) going, when I know that for some people it might be a child’s game.

Many thanks for your support!
Phil

@Phil15

I don’t see any problem in installing 2 Apps from the Appstore.
One of which was already named here in THIS thread…

The other one … well you could search (:mag: upper right corner) the Forum or appstore itself. It’s no magic.

You don’t need to be a dev to install apps.

Maybe that was the wrong answer someone was giving? Have you completely read through this thread?

Hi @JimmyKater

Thanks for getting back to me and your patience.
I had not understood I had to install both apps for OnlyOffice to function correctly. Reading the OnlyOffice app description, I thought I could get going directly.

I actually went to the Community Document Server page (by clicking on the link in this thread), and when I saw it had quite bad reviews, I reckoned that it was not worth installing, but if it’s the only non-developer way, let’s go for it! (Since Collabora does not work either on our Nextcloud Hub, despite installing all Collabora apps.)

I’ve installed the app, but it does not seem to work. When I try to open a doc, I get “OnlyOffice is not available, please contact your administrator”.

And in my “Apps” store, I get this error for Community Server Document (just above the “Download” button):
An exception occurred while executing ‘SHOW FULL TABLES WHERE Table_type = ‘BASE TABLE’’: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

I don’t know if it’s linked, but in my general settings, I have a wrong execution of a background job 2 days ago, and I have no clue how to solve this (if not by having a developer diving into my jobs or learning the program’s language).

Do you have any clue of what is going on? And potentially any fix?
Or do you know how I could get Collabora working alternatively?

Many thanks again for your help and your patience.
Phil

@Phil15
hey,

as I read by pure co-incidence in your other posting you seem to be on a shared hoster instance.
so of course it could happen that THEY block you from installing other apps to it… like OO and CODE, eg.

other than that I want to ask if there are still setup-error messages that would need to be resolved (admin account)

Hi @JimmyKater!

Regarding OnlyOffice and Code, it seems weird to me that Infomaniak would block the apps. As far as I know and have read, it is fully possible to work with Hub on their servers, knowing I am by the way paying for a full package including Nextcloud Hub (and other apps).

As for the background job error message, it still does appear, as “La dernière tâche de fond a fonctionné il y a 2 jours. Quelque chose s’est mal passé. Vérifier les paramètres des tâches de fond”.

My overview panel also show a recommendation to install memcache and OPcache, but the steps to do it feel like Chinese to me. Could this be linked to OnlyOffice or Collabora?

I’d be glad to be able to use OnlyOffice or Collabora fully, and have no clue why it is not working and how to fix it… I still have the " An exception occurred while executing ‘SHOW FULL TABLES WHERE Table_type = ‘BASE TABLE’’: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away "

hey @Phil15

I know that Infomaniak is a kind of well-known hoster for especially the french-speaking community on this forum. I know that there has been problems with their service befor (but I can’t remember exactly which ones)

So you have installed NC for the first time and made no changes so far and all of the mentioned problems would appear? I mean they seem to be solvable but as you said before: NC-Stuff (and Linux, I suppose) would feel like Chinese to you… So your first contact should be the service of Infomaniak since they promised full support of all of this… Meaning: No setup errors for a freshly installed instance of NC. Do you agree?

To ne honest: I don’t really know if OO or CODE would make use of memcache and OPcache… But if you’re gonna talk to their support ask for OO and/or CODE and why you can’t install it via the appstore… Maybe there will be an answer to that as well.

And don’t forget to ask them why your MySQL-Server is dying…

(all in all it looks like a pretty bad implementation of NC by Infomaniak)

So if they won’t or can’t help you it might be a good idea to change your hoster. There are others. Even with european GDPR.

Awww. and it would be nice if you would keep us updated here in this thread about your successes :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance. Good luck