Hello all masterminds out there!
I really need your support…
First of all; My english is not great, I know, but I’ll try using everything I’ve learned from school …
Ok, so I have been running Nextcloud in Docker on an Openmediavault platform for almost 1 year. Since day one, Nextcloud has worked flawless. I am using a single board computer which is connected to a SATA-bay via USB, and I have done all upgrades as they came. Today, I am running version 18.x.x.x of Nextcloud.
A couple of days ago, I lost normal access to Nextcloud from my browser. When trying to connect from browser, I get the following message:
`Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.`
The desktop client on my Windows laptop is connected to the server, but can not sync (the icon is red, not green as usual) - “unknown error”.
After some troubleshooting yesterday, I found that the SD card containing AppData is completely full (the error.log told me). Further research showed that Nextclouds database has taken approximately 18GB of the SD card 32GB* avaliable storage. This folder is also the largest one on the memory card.
- I was using Techno Dad Life’s videos when first installing Nextcloud.
- I am using MaraDB as database.
- I am able to connect to the server via SSH.
- There are less than 1TB of data in the data folder.
- We are four (4) users using the instance at daily basis.
- The folder which is 18GB is this one: \Nextclouddb\log\mysql
- This folder is having 182 files named “mariadb-bin.000253” “mariadb-bin.000254” “mariadb-bin.0002535” and so on.
- Each file is around 100MB.
So, what can I do to get my instance up running again? Is it possible to shrink the database?
If you’ll need any more details, let me know!