Nextcloud has a booth at FOSDEM, wanna help out?

Looks like we have a great team :smiley:
Let me share some details as I have them now, tell me whatā€™s missing:

Booth

Weā€™ll have a booth at FOSDEM: K1B 6. Nextcloud
As booth volunteers we have:

Hotel

You could book http://www.motel-one.com/de/hotels/bruessel/ - where some others are staying.

Materials

The Stuttgarters will hopefully be so nice to bring lots of stickers & flyers, if possible the roll up banner.

All cool. Whatā€™s missing?

3 Likes

My ticket and hotel :laughing:

Iā€™d love to, but Iā€™m fresh out of holidays, due to resign from my job the following week and lost hundreds of pounds over Christmas, particularly getting my car through its MOT.

Iā€™ll join the next one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello to all,

Looking forward to it! (:slight_smile:
Would be good if all of us wear Nextcloud tshirt and why not to have some
at the booth for others, maybe selling them?
Also think that a table clothe would look nice and will easily catch the
attendants attention.
What you think?

Cheers,
Denisa RuƧaj

1 Like

Ha, we should bring some t-shirts, yes. Depends on the mode of transport used by Bjoern & Frank and whoever comes from Stuttgartā€¦ A car would be helpful hint hint :smiley:

A table cloth - yeah, we should buy one. lemme see 'bout thatā€¦

WOW, cool how many people will come and help! :slight_smile: This will be fun :tada:

Just booked my hotel. We could do a group dinner on Saturday maybe?

3 Likes

Hey, everything sounds great. Looking forward to seeing you all :slight_smile:
@jan +1 great idea :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there too for some hours to help :slight_smile:

Well Iam out. Sister decided to visit me that exact week so not possible to join you guys.Sorry.
So the list goes like that now.

sorry you wonā€™t join!

Just booked my hotel! I will definitely come and say hello! And depending on the timing of the talks, I may be available to help out. But I canā€™t promise it right now since I havenā€™t thoroughly looked at the program yet. This is my first FOSDEM yooohoo!!

1 Like

Youā€™re in for a treat, it is a great event!

hey, everyone whoā€™s going to help at FOSDEM - pls let me know your t-shirt size :wink:

hint hint hint :smiley:

2 Likes

M for me :heart_eyes:

I was only proposing to help out because no one was stepping up. Luckily there were some more people. I donā€™t really have the time to come. So enjoy FOSDEM for those who joined.

I so look forward to this weekendā€¦ Gonna be awesome :smiley:

@tflidd too bad you donā€™t have time, wouldā€™ve been a lot of fun!

For those helping out: hereā€™s some info from the organization:

Stands will be located in three buildings on the ULB campus: AW, H and K. Weā€™re in K, level 1, group B: between PostgreSQL and Bazel, together with OBS, Gentoo, Debian, CoreOS, ReactOS/Haiku. And across from our friends from the FSFE!

Timing

Build-up starts from 9:00 on Saturday. Visitors will start arriving around 10:00, and you can expect it to be properly busy by noon. The Saturday program ends at 19:00; youā€™re expected to be out of the building at that time.

For the night between Saturday and Sunday, there are overnight storage rooms in the H and K buildings. You can also leave stuff at your stand overnight; the buildings will be closed overnight, but we cannot guard the hallways on Sunday morning. We also cannot provide any insurance or take responsibility in case of damage or theft. We do have security staff on campus at all times.

Sunday starts around 9:00-10:00 and the teardown starts at 17:00. All stand holders are expected to help clean up the area around their stand, and the tables and table cloths should be returned to the collection point by the stand holders. Your stand area should be cleared and cleaned up and the tables returned to the collection point by 17:30.

Various

The tables provided are 180x80cm wide. We also provide table cloths, but you are more than welcome to provide any on your own, especially if you have something like a banner for your project. There will be two chairs provided per table. You may not tape posters to the walls or windows near the stands.

We will provide you with a power socket. If you require more than one, please bring extension cables. Note that Belgium uses type E sockets: http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/ If you need any adapters, make sure to bring them along.

High-speed Internet uplink will be provided by means of WiFi everywhere. If you have a device that requires a wired ethernet connection, bring a bridge device with you.

Keep in mind that our Code of Conduct applies to stand organisers as well. Read it at https://fosdem.org/2017/practical/conduct/

See you at FOSDEM!

1 Like

It was really awesome to help at the booth!

Some people didnā€™t know Nextcloud but where really intrested. Some people used ownCloud and wanted to know why they should use Nextcloud. It was really fun to see them getting more convinced every time you say ā€œthis has changedā€, ā€œthat was addedā€. And of course that itā€™s 100% open-source was a very good reason for a lot of people. Also quiet a few people who already had migrated to Nextcloud. And some surprise reactions that the migration is just a simple upgrade.

See you all next year! (or maybe at the confā€¦)

2 Likes

Was awesome to have you there and yeah, it was very cool to talk to people. So much encouragement, people came to thank us for starting Nextcloud!

2 Likes

btw dear awesome people - if you have pictures of FOSDEM, our booth and our team - PLEASE share with me. Either via a nextcloud link :wink: or just put them hereā€¦ Iā€™d like to have a nice picture for our https://nextcloud.com/events page :wink:

1 Like

And if you want to help in 2018 - FOSDEM 2018 is coming, will you be there?