Nextcloud don't works after update to PHP 7

First I had installed Owncloud. Then I updated to Nextcloud, currently in version 10.0.0.
Currently I’m running Nextcloud with PHP 5.6. But if I update to PHP 7, Nextloud is not longer running, if I switch back to PHP 5.6, it’s running again.
I get no error message, just a blank screen if i enter the webpage.

Please check your web server error log. That should give some more information.

[Fri Nov 04 11:32:59 2016] [error] [client 193.175.199.211] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory in /home/www/nextcloud/cloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:59
Stack trace:
#0 /home/www/nextcloud/cloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(429): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /home/www/nextcloud/cloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(389): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()
#2 /home/www/nextcloud/cloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(328): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()
#3 /home/www/nextcloud/cloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(621): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()
#4 /home/www/nextcloud/cloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(142): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->setTransactionIsolation(2)
#5 /home/www/nextcloud/cloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php(172): OC\DB\Connection->__construct(Array,  in /home/www/nextcloud/cloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php on line 59

@Sumafu have you also installed the relevant php7 modules?

Ubuntu: sudo apt install php-mysql

Others also that may be required: php-zip php-dompdf php-xml php-mbstring php-gd php-curl

Yes, all required packages should be installed. http://test.sumafu.de/phpinfo7.html

I just updated to Nextcloud 10.0.1, but the problem is the same.

Your modules look good (I didn’t find anything missing). Going through the details I see:
mysqli.default_socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
pdo_mysql.default_socket: /tmp/mysql.sock

Not sure what kind of system you are using but it seems to be debian, where the default mysql-socket is /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock. I would try to set the pdo_mysql.default_socket in your php.ini.

What OS do you use?

I managed to have NC 10.0.1 operational on a wiped Nextcloud box including a RPi3, Rasbian jessie light, Apache2, PHP7.0, MariaDB, letsencrypt and redis - and for sure, the now obsolete µSD removed.

Changing the pdo_mysql.default_socket value works. I saw that in PHP 5.6 this value was already /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock, but not in PHP 7. Now it works :slight_smile: