Nextcloud desktop client won't update on KDE Neon 20.04

Nextcloud won’t update on KDE Neon to 3.1.0 because of qtbase-abi-5-12-8, which doesn’t exist.

Any idea how to fix this?

2 Likes

After some exploring, qtbase-abi-5-12-8 is normally supplied by libqt5core5a but this is already installed in Neon by default. Neon’s current version as of this post is 5.15.2+dfsg-0xneon+20.04+focal+build23 which suggests that the Nextcloud package is not finding qtbase-abi when it is using a newer version than qtbase-abi-5-12-8.

I’m guessing that the qtbase-abi version is in someway hardcoded?

While it isn’t the latest version, current versions can be installed in Neon with:

pkcon install dolphin-nextcloud

Unfortunately, dolphin-nextcloud depends on nextcloud-desktop so that’s a no-go.

You can try to install the AppImage from Install – Nextcloud . It worked for me

As another option, Flathub has version 3.0.2 as of this writing.

But we loose file manager integration with the AppImage / Flatpack / Snap, right? Is there a way around it?

Right now, I just have mine on hold. Hopefully this gets resolved.

I’m still running into this, KDE neon 5.21 and the official Nextcloud repository. Only solution I’ve found is to download the deb sources and build the debs myself.

Am on Neon, too. Found this solution building a fake qtbase-abi package to fit my needs: PPA install: Dependency resolution issue on KDE neon 20.04 regarding QT 5.15.2 · Issue #2722 · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub

nextcloud-desktop installable afterwords and works perfectly…

BR,
Marsellus

Perhaps we can try the nextcloud version for Hirsute from this PPA Desktop client : “Nextcloud development” team . Ubuntu 21.04 has Qt 5.12.2, the same as Neon focal

Any brave person with time want to try it?

I suggest not to do that.

The package libnextcloudsync0 depends on v2.33 of libc6 which isn’t available on Focal (it’s on 2.31).

I decided to compile from source, and I have to reconfigure my sync settings. wouldn’t load, otherwise.

Trying to compile 3.3.1 from the Nextcloud PPA, but it wouldn’t work:

make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/nextcloud-desktop-3.3.1-20210814.134354.cd934ba80/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
   dh_install
dh_install: warning: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/lib/*/nextcloud/libnextclouddolphinpluginhelper.so" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: warning: dolphin-nextcloud missing files: usr/lib/*/nextcloud/libnextclouddolphinpluginhelper.so
dh_install: warning: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/lib/*/qt5/plugins/kf5/overlayicon/nextclouddolphinoverlayplugin.so" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: warning: dolphin-nextcloud missing files: usr/lib/*/qt5/plugins/kf5/overlayicon/nextclouddolphinoverlayplugin.so
dh_install: warning: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/lib/*/qt5/plugins/nextclouddolphinactionplugin.so" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: warning: dolphin-nextcloud missing files: usr/lib/*/qt5/plugins/nextclouddolphinactionplugin.so
dh_install: warning: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/share/kservices5/nextclouddolphinactionplugin.desktop" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: warning: dolphin-nextcloud missing files: usr/share/kservices5/nextclouddolphinactionplugin.desktop
dh_install: error: missing files, aborting
make: *** [debian/rules:7: binary] Error 255
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2
E: Build command 'cd nextcloud-desktop-3.3.1-20210814.134354.cd934ba80 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.

I tried to see what I’m missing, and it here’s what it says:

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/CMakeFindDependencyMacro.cmake:47 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindXCB.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "XCB", but
  CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "XCB" with any of
  the following names:

XCBConfig.cmake
    xcb-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "XCB" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "XCB_DIR"
  to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "XCB" provides a
  separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5WindowSystem/KF5WindowSystemConfig.cmake:46 (find_dependency)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/CMakeFindDependencyMacro.cmake:47 (find_package)
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5KIO/KF5KIOConfig.cmake:54 (find_dependency)
  shell_integration/CMakeLists.txt:14 (find_package)

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/CMakeFindDependencyMacro.cmake:47 (find_package):
  Found package configuration file:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5WindowSystem/KF5WindowSystemConfig.cmake

but it set KF5WindowSystem_FOUND to FALSE so package "KF5WindowSystem" is
  considered to be NOT FOUND.  Reason given by package:

KF5WindowSystem could not be found because dependency XCB could not be
  found.

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5KIO/KF5KIOConfig.cmake:54 (find_dependency)
  shell_integration/CMakeLists.txt:14 (find_package)

CMake Warning at shell_integration/CMakeLists.txt:14 (find_package):
  Found package configuration file:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5KIO/KF5KIOConfig.cmake

but it set KF5KIO_FOUND to FALSE so package "KF5KIO" is considered to be
  NOT FOUND.  Reason given by package:

KF5KIO could not be found because dependency KF5WindowSystem could not be
  found.

Dolphin plugin disabled: KDE Frameworks 5.16 not found

I’m able to compile if I use cmake and make only, not with apt source --compile. However, I’m confused as to why there are 2 locations for Nextcloud: /opt/nextcloud (the location I wanted it installed to), and ~/nextcloud-desktop-client

Here’s what each directory contains:

• /opt/nextcloud:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 15 02:06 bin/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 15 02:06 lib/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 15 02:06 share/
  • ~/nextcloud-desktop-client:
drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root      4096 Aug 15 02:06 etc/
drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root      4096 Aug 15 02:06 include/
drwxr-xr-x  9 root      root      4096 Aug 15 02:06 share/

I still have ~/.config/Nextcloud, and I know that the client’s config is from that directory, so I’m not sure why the one in home exists.

Edit: not sure what changed on Nextcloud or Neon’s side, but I am now able to compile with apt source --compile again.