NextCloud Container Cannot Start

I am deploying the AIO mode through Docker. The NextCloud container cannot start properly…
The NextCloud container startup log are as below:
You should be able to open the Nextcloud AIO Interface now on port 8080 of this server!
E.g. https://internal.ip.of.this.server:8080

If your server has port 80 and 8443 open and you point a domain to your server, you can get a valid certificate automatically by opening the Nextcloud AIO Interface via:
https://your-domain-that-points-to-this-server.tld:8443
…+…+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++…+…+…+…+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+.+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+++++
…+…+…+…+.+…+…+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++.+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+++++

{“level”:“info”,“ts”:1706610225.7468064,“msg”:“using provided configuration”,“config_file”:“/Caddyfile”,“config_adapter”:“”}
[Tue Jan 30 10:23:45.812716 2024] [mpm_event:notice] [pid 106:tid 140216079186760] AH00489: Apache/2.4.58 (Unix) OpenSSL/3.1.4 configured – resuming normal operations
[Tue Jan 30 10:23:45.812779 2024] [core:notice] [pid 106:tid 140216079186760] AH00094: Command line: ‘httpd -D FOREGROUND’
[30-Jan-2024 10:23:45] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 111
[30-Jan-2024 10:23:45] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
NOTICE: PHP message: 404 Not Found
Type: Slim\Exception\HttpNotFoundException
Code: 404
File: /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/RoutingMiddleware.php
Line: 76
Trace: #0 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Routing/RouteRunner.php(56): Slim\Middleware\RoutingMiddleware->performRouting(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))
#1 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/csrf/src/Guard.php(476): Slim\Routing\RouteRunner->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))
#2 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(168): Slim\Csrf\Guard->process(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Slim\Routing\RouteRunner))
#3 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/twig-view/src/TwigMiddleware.php(115): Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))
#4 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(121): Slim\Views\TwigMiddleware->process(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous))
#5 /var/www/docker-aio/php/src/Middleware/AuthMiddleware.php(38): Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))
#6 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(269): AIO\Middleware\AuthMiddleware->__invoke(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous))
#7 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/ErrorMiddleware.php(76): Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))
#8 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(121): Slim\Middleware\ErrorMiddleware->process(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous))
#9 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(65): Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))
#10 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(199): Slim\MiddlewareDispatcher->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))
#11 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(183): Slim\App->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))
#12 /var/www/docker-aio/php/public/index.php(185): Slim\App->run()
#13 {main}
Tips: To display error details in HTTP response set “displayErrorDetails” to true in the ErrorHandler constructor.
Deleting duplicate sessions

Will anyone please advise please… Thank you very much in advance, appriciated

Hi, what happens if you open the AIO interface on https://ip.address.of.server:8080 ?

Hi, sz
Thanks for your response, Please find the picture above, this is what is shown when opening the page on port 8080…

NextCloud container will not start. Apache and Notify Push containers all show “Waiting for NextCloud Server”. So the main issue is the NextCloud container/server…
Another piece of information to provide: I have used to bypass the domain verification and the backup. In this way, I have put a fake domain name on the setup page: www.ncloud.com. Not sure if this is the blocker of system initialization.

The docker run command I used to start the system (MacOS, Docker Desktop) is as below:

sudo docker run \

–init \

–sig-proxy=false \

–name nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer \

–restart always \

–publish 80:80 \

–publish 8080:8080 \

–publish 8443:8443 \

–volume nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config \

–volume /var/run/docker.sock.raw:/var/run/docker.sock:ro \

–env AIO_DISABLE_BACKUP_SECTION=true \

–env SKIP_DOMAIN_VALIDATION=true \

nextcloud/all-in-one:latest

What happens if you click the reload button?

The same page after click the reload

Can you post the output of sudo docker logs nextcloud-aio-nextcloud here?

Please see below:

Trying to fix docker.sock permissions internally…

Adding internal www-data to group root

…+…+…+…+…+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++…+…+.+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+.+…+…+…+.+…+…+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++…+++++

…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+.+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++…+…+…+…+…+…+…+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+…+.+…+…+…+…+.+…+++++

Initial startup of Nextcloud All-in-One complete!

You should be able to open the Nextcloud AIO Interface now on port 8080 of this server!

E.g. https://internal.ip.of.this.server:8080

If your server has port 80 and 8443 open and you point a domain to your server, you can get a valid certificate automatically by opening the Nextcloud AIO Interface via:

https://your-domain-that-points-to-this-server.tld:8443

[31-Jan-2024 02:07:08] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 108

[31-Jan-2024 02:07:08] NOTICE: ready to handle connections

{“level”:“info”,“ts”:1706666828.548987,“msg”:“using provided configuration”,“config_file”:“/Caddyfile”,“config_adapter”:“”}

[Wed Jan 31 02:07:08.578719 2024] [mpm_event:notice] [pid 103:tid 140405346257736] AH00489: Apache/2.4.58 (Unix) OpenSSL/3.1.4 configured – resuming normal operations

[Wed Jan 31 02:07:08.578802 2024] [core:notice] [pid 103:tid 140405346257736] AH00094: Command line: ‘httpd -D FOREGROUND’

NOTICE: PHP message: 404 Not Found

Type: Slim\Exception\HttpNotFoundException

Code: 404

File: /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/RoutingMiddleware.php

Line: 76

Trace: #0 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Routing/RouteRunner.php(56): Slim\Middleware\RoutingMiddleware->performRouting(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))

#1 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/csrf/src/Guard.php(476): Slim\Routing\RouteRunner->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))

#2 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(168): Slim\Csrf\Guard->process(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Slim\Routing\RouteRunner))

#3 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/twig-view/src/TwigMiddleware.php(115): Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))

#4 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(121): Slim\Views\TwigMiddleware->process(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous))

#5 /var/www/docker-aio/php/src/Middleware/AuthMiddleware.php(38): Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))

#6 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(269): AIO\Middleware\AuthMiddleware->__invoke(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous))

#7 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/ErrorMiddleware.php(76): Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))

#8 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(121): Slim\Middleware\ErrorMiddleware->process(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous))

#9 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(65): Psr\Http\Server\RequestHandlerInterface@anonymous->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))

#10 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(199): Slim\MiddlewareDispatcher->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))

#11 /var/www/docker-aio/php/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(183): Slim\App->handle(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest))

#12 /var/www/docker-aio/php/public/index.php(185): Slim\App->run()

#13 {main}

Tips: To display error details in HTTP response set “displayErrorDetails” to true in the ErrorHandler constructor.

Hi, these are the mastercontainer logs but I need the nextcloud container logs.

After running NC-AIO successfully for the past 6-9 months, I have the same issue and error messages (running Nextcloud AIO v7.11.2). The nextcloud container seems to hang when enabling Imagick. Logs for the nextcloud container are below:

-| sudo docker logs nextcloud-aio-nextcloud
now

2024-02-04 12:25:38.220797+13
(1 row)

• ‘[’ -f /dev-dri-group-was-added ‘]’
    ++ find /dev -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -name dri
  • ‘[’ -n ‘’ ‘]’
  • set +x
    Enabling Imagick…

I have tried rolling back to various previous daily borg backups - but none of this makes a difference. My current working theory is that the containers were up dated as part of the daily backup on Saturday night (last night) and one of the container updates has caused the problem.

Ok I ‘think’ I have resolved this issue. It was due to a routing problem on my network (and internet accessibility as a result) - nothing to do with Nextcloud AIO or the containers etc.

I had something similar. In my case it was another container claiming port 443 I think or 8443. As soon as I had stopped the other container, it did work.

1 Like