Macos Nextcloud client constantly writing data to hard drive with increased cpu load

hi community,
i have just noticed that my nc client is constantly writing data to my hard drive. right now itā€™s >660Gb since last reboot 4 days ago.
this seems a lot since there are just 18gb of data in the nc-folder. and all data is synced and not much has been added to the folder recently
this constant writing of data leads to battery drain as my machine is a laptop.
my system ist macos 10.14.6 and nc client is 2.6.1

why is this happening?

So Iā€™m not alone.

right!
nextcloud is using 1,6gb of memory and nothing is syncing

downgrade to 2.6.0stable solves the problem. but not real solution, 2.6ā€¦1 should work properly, too

1 Like

Apparently, there are several issues with the current NC 2.6.1 desktop App on Mac OS X / macOS.

Please consider to use the bucket list to get some awareness. What do you think?

Happy hacking.
:sunflower:

Downgrade was helpful. Thanks

Hej,
How did you do the downgrade. I tried to install an older version on my Mac, but it when started the version was stil 2.6.1.

Kind regards

IMHO a downgrade should be quite simpleā€¦

1. Delete the old App from the /Applications folder, e.g. just move the App to the Trash by help of the Apple GUI as usual.
  2. Install the intended version of the App at your deliberation.

Please be aware you need the ā€˜adminā€™ rights of Mac OS X / macOS as applicable for such procdure.
:nerd_face:

However, you may follow the more extensive advice from Apple at:

Hope this helps.
:lab_coat:

Happy hacking.
:sunflower:

Same here. Considering the massive resource requirement and its affect on the cooling fan useage of my MacBookPro, the damn thing is soon going to levitate like a hovercraft and fly away.

Iā€™ll try to downgrade as suggested.

Are there any plans to ā€œfixā€ this?

Will be fixed with 2.6.2: https://github.com/nextcloud/desktop/issues/1592#issuecomment-560009254

Thanks, Daniel!

Thanks! I had to manually remove NC from the /Applications folderā€¦