This is a procedure for upgrade nextcloud:

1- Find into folder data “updater-{user}”
2- Upload file nextcloud-xxxx.zip into downloads
3- return to root directory updater-{user}
4- Create new file “.step” and put this object: {“state”:“end”,“step”:4}
5- run from cli sudo -u {user} updater/updater.phar

if Verify integrity failed return to 4 point and put {“state”:“end”,“step”:5}

Ciao ciao!

There is another topic No apps to install about connectivity issues to nextcloud.com infrastructure. Is someone looking into it? What is the procedure to let the right people know, that something could be wrong?

Nextcloud.com is completely down for me… “The site can’t be reached. Nextcloud.com took too long to respond”. Can’t update to 19.0.4, can’t download desktop clients… Nothing is working

You can contact Nextcloud here: Nextcloud - Contact us now

But I think this is useless. Nextcloud is aware of the issue, but could not improve anything so far (according to the information above, they are working on a CDN). By then the problem will have been with every Nextcloud release for a long time.

As a user you can:

• With each Nextcloud update, wait a few weeks/days until the first rush is over. This is not a problem as long as there is no security update.
  • Or don’t do the update with the official updater (because that often fails because the download takes too long) but do the update manually.
  • And another possible workaround for the future: Upvote this Github issue to use a local mirror Possibility to use a local Mirror · Issue #291 · nextcloud/updater · GitHub

I think something is happening with the Nextcloud.com infrastructure. Connected from Prague, Czech Republic, I am experiencing issues, that are progressively getting worse, since yesterday, when docs.nextcloud.com was terribly slow.

Today docs.nextcloud.com didn’t improve, moreover I can’t access apps.nextcloud.com at all. For nextcloud.com, this morning I waited about 30 minutes for the 19.0.4 update to download both on the server and my laptop (there is Nextcloud.com slow download speed specifically open for it). Now I can’t access it at all anymore.

At least this forum is working, but I don’t know if anyone is looking into it, or how let the right people know.

It would be a solution if you could setup a URL with the current .zip in the config.
So you would have your own download server.

*** Edit

Liked this idea → Possibility to use a local Mirror · Issue #291 · nextcloud/updater · GitHub

It is the best solution!

1 Like

This happens every time a new major release hits…
It can’t be called business-savvy to pay for bandwidth needed 2-3 times a year for 1-2 weeks each…
Hence, they won’t do it… Just tame your itch to run the latest for a week or so and everything should be OK-ish…

Exactly that of the above procedure

1- Find into folder data “updater-{user}”
2- Upload file nextcloud-xxxx.zip into downloads
3- return to root directory updater-{user}
4- Create new file “.step” and put this object: {“state”:“end”,“step”:4}
5- run from cli sudo -u {user} updater/updater.phar

if Verify integrity failed return to 4 point and put {“state”:“end”,“step”:5}

This procedure works and tested

to download the latest releases, I add shared links: https://workspace.madi-solution.it/index.php/s/DGASTR6pSZeb8fo

2 Likes

Nextcloud 20

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/releases

Yes, this is a valid URL and GitHub has a lot of bandwith.
Anything more?

Hello. I’m getting timed out error for the apps.nextcloud.com.
Is it just maintenance?

Regards,
DP

4 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue

It’s down. This makes “applications” module unavailable on all nextcloud servers as well.

It just set up my first nextcloud Server and I thought I did something wrong…
Because some features work and others don’t. Besides not being able to access the App Store my server doesn’t respond when I click the “System” tab.
Do you have the same issue or is there something I need to check?

This happened right as I was moving from 19 to 20. NC is up on my server but literally only the basic apps running. The install finished with errors that it couldnt find xyz apps. Does anybody know it this will right itself when the apps store is working ?

you should probably revert back to pre update state if you can and do the update again after the app store is back up.

i’m having the same issue as well for the system tab. There’s probably a link to the app store when using this tab.

I have the same issue when accessing the System tab.
From the Nextcloud logs, I can see that request for serverinfo is returning “Could not connect to appstore: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 60001 milliseconds” so it is probably related.

1 Like

Thanks to you!!! :+1:
Now my update script will check first if apps.nextcloud.com is online before updating.

2 Likes