NextCloud Client, unable to move synch folders or data when client is running?

Nextcloud version 12.0.2
Operating system and version Ubuntu 17.04
Apache or nginx version Apache 2.4.25
PHP version 7.1

The issue you are facing:
NextCloud Windows Client 2.3.3 (build 1) is installed on a Windows 2016 Server. The Synch folders security is set up with “Administrators” and “Everyone” - Full Rights on both. From the Server I try to move a folder and or data into anther folder and get “Folder in Use…The action can’t be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program”. If I close / Stop the NextCloud Client I can move a folder and or data into another folder.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?
Yes: It was working on our old Windows 2008 Server with the same NextCloud Client 2.3.3 (build 1) installed and the same security User / Rights?

Isn’t the whole point of synchronizing data from a Client to the NextCloud Server so you can change data and synch it with the NextCloud Server?

I have searched with no luck…can only find permissions on the NextCloud Server, nothing regarding permissions with the Client Software?

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you,

Carl Wenz

Probably a thing for the bug tracker:

with F12 in the Nextcloud client, you can open the logging window. Logfiles would be required for the bug report.

btw: Your Nextcloud is not on the latest patch level: https://nextcloud.com/changelog/#latest12