Nextcloud client randomly start with root account

Hello guys,

I have a really weird thing happening to me recently,
When I start an application that requires root rights, for example Grub-Customizer, the nextcloud-client app opens itself without I ask and it is on the root config not my user config.
Do you have any idea how I can remove root from using nextcloud app or starting it like that ?

Fedora 37
Wayland
GNOME 43.3
Nextcloud-client 3.7.4

Thank you

hi @ElemondCraw welcome to the forum :handshake:

you are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you in case the machine in question in spitting out errors! Since you’ve provided zero technical details it is impossible to help you as-is. Thanks.

Please use the search - lot of issues have been discussed already

Which linux?
Which dsktop environment?
How start root apps?

Fedora 37
Wayland
GNOME 43.3
Nextcloud-client 3.7.4
How start root apps? I didn’t understood that one.
The problem occurs when I start Grub customizer and it ask for root permission and then it launches Nextcloud-client

Does this also happen when starting it from a terminal, using sudo?

sudo grub-customizer

Spoiler alert: It does not happen, when you start it with sudo from the command line: :wink:

This brought me to the conclusion that something in the .desktop file must cause the issue. I also found the following post on Stack Exchange, which I don’t completely understand, to be honest, but it brought me to the following solution:

Edit the .desktop file of Grub Customizer…

sudo nano /usr/share/applications/grub-customizer.desktop

…and change the following line from…

X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true

…to

X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false

EDIT: This solution doesn’t work in this case.

Yes it actually does

Yes you are right. I wrongly assumed that my solution would help, because the behavior you are describing only seems to occur the first time Grub Configurator is started and then only after a reboot, or maybe it will also occur again after sudo has timed out?