Nextcloud Client - Not allowed to upload this file because it is read-only on the server, restoring

Hi, I was syncing without any issue from Nextcloud Client for Windows in my laptop, and NC server is in a docker inside another PC desktop.

I was running out of space in the drive where NC syncs the files from my laptop so I decided to free space (mark some folders as available online). These folders are located in an external storage in the PC. Since these folders have a bunch of files, the proccess was a little delayed. The problem is the app client constantly is redoing the same task: download files from the same folders I marked to be online.

This task seems an endless syncing loop and doesn’t allow to sync any updated file and, in some cases, it raises errors like:

[warning sync.discovery C:\Users\sysadmin\AppData\Local\Temp\2\windows-10303\client-building\desktop\src\libsync\discovery.cpp:1528 ]: checkForPermission: RESTORING “app/to/file” “Not allowed to upload this file because it is read-only on the server, restoring”

But this error is weird because the files and folders have full permissions in the server.

My question is, how to stop this loop.

Thanks in advance.

About the warning, it was fixed.

About the endless loop in syncing, I have found many posts in the NC help without ANY answer so, my guess is, NC don’t care or don’t have a clue how to solve them, then, if I could, I’d close this post.

1 Like