Nextcloud box wont take files larger than 2GB

Is it a hardware or filesystem limitation that the Nextcloud box can’t store a file larger than 2GB (less than the 4GB limit)…

Can this be re-enabled without too much of a performance hit?

Want to store some things locally over the LAN and kept hitting this problem… I was like huh?

-J

The snap install (NC Box default) is locked to 2GB and can’t be changed. On the current raspi2 boards and image you could run a manual installation and install NC the traditional way, though in future you’d need to reinstall the image with raspbian or similar (for anyone reading this on a raspi3 later :))

1 Like

I’m not sure to understand exactly what you mean when you say "Is it a hardware or filesystem limitation that the Nextcloud box "…Nextcloud box ? what’s that ? I’ve installed NC on a Raspberry pi3 ; is it a box ?
Anyway, I’ve got tue same problem with NC on my Raspbian , I can’t upload files > 2 G though I’ve updated my NC 2 days before; in the end of the upload I get the following message "nextcloud failed write steam …"Does someone can tell me clearly if there is something to do or not.

Thank you for your answer.

@pat-rnel

I dunno how much sense it makes to reopen a thread that is 3 1/2 years old… in any way it would be better to open a new thread and link to the older one…

Apparently you have seached the forum… so there must have been other answers on that problem. Why didn’t you follow those?

A quick&dirty solution might be installing app flowupload, though

“nextcloud box” was a special kind of hardware that WD once sold.

aww and if you have installed the snap-version it might be still the case that more than 2GB might nor work, as @JasonBayton once told the TS here.

Thank’s for your answer though “Apparently you have seached the forum… so there must have been other answers on that problem. Why didn’t you follow those?” because I just found this one ( but may be I’m a little bit silly ) , and sorry to wake up old thread .
I’m gone try the flowup load app.

Kif kif with flowup load…

questionmark :question::question::question:

Sorry !“kif kif” is a french expression (so am I) which means " the same".
I’ve tried with flowup load, I still have the message “nextcloud failed write steam …etc…etc…”
I hoped the last version would have fixed the problem ; never mind I’ll without.