Nextcloud Box collabora

That sounds promising. They don’t mention Collabora in the final configuration list, but I’ve sent an email asking. I hope they do!

Thanks.

Check the collabora.sh script
There you’ll see the straight process.

the poor raspberry will melt to a clump of coal after that :smiley:

Well, no need.
Since CODE container won’t run arm.
Only x86/amd64.

Tried that I think… I don’t remember where it died. If I don’t hear back from the VM guys, maybe I’ll try that again. I also just learned about ONLY OFFICE (https://serenity-networks.com/how-to-install-onlyoffice-document-server-for-nextcloud-fast-easy/) – thinking I’ll try that, too.

To be honest, the script had several flaws and no one reported back.
But since a week or two, @enoch85 and myself took them down.
Now it runs just fine. :thumbsup:

Please, if you find something bad report and you’ll be likely to get more help than if you don’t.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m guilty of not reporting problems… I just figured you guys were psychic or something. :slight_smile:

I’ll try giving it a try in the next couple of days and will let you know my results!

Thanks to everybody who is providing feedback and suggestions. I appreciate it!

1 Like

FYI; OpenOffice is not 100% “open source”. It’s somewhat proprietary software. You choose.

@Ark74 Thanks for helping folks out directing them in to the easiest solution. I will do a pre-release today so that everyone get the latest scripts.

Thanks! I wasn’t aware of that.

I’m trying again right now, using your scripts. Will reply with any difficulties I encounter!

So, I did a clean install of Ubuntu Server 16.04 (downloaded today). Got the nextcloud_install_production.sh script. Ran it – took about 1 hour. No errors, though it did hang on rebooting in the middle of the process. Restarted, logged in, and it picked up where it left off (it hung on stopping an auto-update job – which I had set to “no auto updates” when installing the OS).

Rebooted. No errors.

Opened browser to mycloud.mydomain.us – logged in. No problems. Browsed to Documents, and clicked on “About.odt” and all I get is the dreaded “Access Forbidden” message.

Suggestions?

[Edit] Used Let’s Encrypt for both the “mycloud” and “office” domains, so certs are valid.

After another non-collabora install (see my last post), I realized that Docker didn’t get installed, even though it appeared from the output of the scripts that it had.

Downloaded and ran collabora.sh. and…

YAY! It works!!!

Glad it does :wink:

Nice! Thank you for the confirmation. :slight_smile: