Nextcloud App not working, since latest update?

Nextcloud version: 23.0.0
Operating system and version: iOS 15.1.1, Nextcloud 4.1.0.17
Apache or nginx version: From official docker.
PHP version: From official docker.

The issue you are facing:

When trying to connect to my self-hosted Nextcloud instance from the iOS Nextcloud App, I get an Internal Server Error right after entering my username and password.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? This happens all the time, but started happening recently (most likely this week).

Steps to replicate it:

1. Self-hosted Nextcloud with Nextcloud 22 or 23 (same issue with both versions).
  2. iOS Nextcloud App (see version above).
  3. Trying setting up the App with the self-hosted Nextcloud and an Internal Server Error occurs.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging - This is only the last entry but I think it’s sufficient:

[index] Error: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xEBl' for column `nextcloud`.`oc_authtoken`.`name` at row 1

POST /login
from 92.184.110.77 by 6575e724-596c-1035-89e7-432ab1d9e638 at 2021-12-09T13:49:23+00:00

My iCloud firstname contains a ë, which is \xEB, so this is most likely the issue, but I don’t know how to fix it without changing my firstname?

1 Like

I had exactly the same problem. Removing the special letter “ö” from my device name at “general/about” settings solved it.