Nextcloud App 1.3.1 Upload Fehler

Ist bei der Version der selbe Fehler wie bei OC? Es werden keine Bilder automatisch auf den Server geladen.

Das hÀngt von der Android Version ab. GrundsÀtzlich kaputt ist er momentan noch unter Android 7, der letzten OxygenOS Version von onePlus sowie vereinzelten Android 6 GerÀten. Wir sind momentan an einer neuen Implementierung dran, um das Problem zu beheben.

Es ist ein Sony z5 mit Android 6

Welche Einstellung hast du in der App vorgenommen fĂŒr den Auto Upload? Nur Wifi, Nur laden, Ordner? :slight_smile:

Selbes Problem hier. Huawei Mate8 Android 6.
Sofort upload mit Ordnern. Auch ĂŒber lte. Nur Bilder. Videos nur ĂŒber WLAN.

LG G4 Android 6 selbige Einstellungen funktioniert einwandfrei.

Same problem here, I have a Galaxy S5. Just transfered from OC. But I haven’t been able to upload pictures and videos since. I thought initially it was due to using external storage for the destination location. But also on internal storage it fails

Hi everybody,

For Android 7 in general this is a known issue and we are working on a solution to fix this which will then first be released to the beta app. Sony Z5 is also a device with this issue, Mate8 hasn’t been reported before. As for the Galaxy S5 this should be another issue. The solution we are currently developing will then fix the issue for instant upload for any device with Android 5 or later regarding the general instant upload issue.

@Brjhaverkamp do you only have an issue with instant upload or with uploads in general (manual)?

Hi Andy,

I only have the problem with instantupload.
Manual upload to the same Instantupload directory (or any other directory I have tried) works without problems.

The problem is a bit murkied by the fact that when I first tried to upload a photo with Instantupload there indeed was a permission problem on the server. I repaired it and since then I can manually upload to that directory on the server. But Instantupload still fails. So I don’t know if Instantupload is remembering my earlier problem and got in a state where it refused to upload anything, or if it is a current problem where it still sees a permission problem for some reason.

Hi @Brjhaverkamp,

as far as I know the client doesn’t remember the permission error but simply carries on and tries the next instant upload. Do you by any change also run the beta Android client which we distribute via f-droid? That should give you a log file on the client which might give uns some insights on the cause of the issue.

cc @tobiasKaminsky

–Andy

Regarding the underlying upload process there is no difference between an instant upload or a manual upload.

Hello Andy,

Again, I am not sure what is actually happening, and it was just an
assumption. I should completely deinstall and reinstall the app to be sure.

I am running the nextcloud app from the play store. How can I get the
beta client with loging function? I’m not familiar with F-droid.

Regards,

Bert

Hi @Brjhaverkamp,

the beta app on f-droid can be found here: https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=Nextcloud&fdid=com.nextcloud.android.beta it offers a direct download or you install f-droid’s own market app (not needed). In order to be able to install the app you need to allow “installations from unknown sources” (while unknown basically means not the play store).

Best regards,
Andy

Thanks Andy,

Unfortunately, the problem disappeard as unexpectedly as it came. (or fortunately, depending on your point of view:-) It happened after I did an occ file:scan on my account. But I can not be 100% sure if that triggered the solution, as I only noticed that files started uploading a day or so later.

Regards,

Bert

Hi @Brjhaverkamp, you’re welcome! :slight_smile:

I’d say fortunately and we can always work on it (again) when the problem magically appears again :wink:

Best regards,
Andy

Ich habe das gleiche Problem.
das Programm funktioniert zurerst sehr gut. Aber dann funktionierte plötzlich das Hochladen von Bilder garnicht mehr.
Zur gleichen Zeit zeigte “Fotos” keine Bilder mehr an.
Ich verwende die Verion 2.0.0 unter Oreo 8.0 auf einem Google Pixel 2 XL

I have the same problem.
The program works very well at first. But then suddenly the upload of pictures didn’t work anymore.
At the same time, “Photos” no longer showed any pictures.
I am using Verion 2.0.0 under Oreo 8.0 on a Google Pixel 2 XL

Viele GrĂŒĂŸe/Yours
Arne

Ich habe noch ein bisschen herum experimentiert:
Die Speichernutzung von der App aus den Android-App-Settings zurĂŒckzusetzen gelingt leider nicht, weil man dann in der App landet, die dann nicht wirklich alles löscht. Also habe ich dann den nc-Client deinstalliert und das Nextcloud-Verzechnis glöscht.
Im “Fotos”-MenĂŒ passiert leider nach der Neuinstallation genausowenig. Auch das Hochladen nach dem Fotografieren geht nicht. Immerhin versucht der Client das nun, schĂ€gt aber fehl / Findet kein Ende. Dabei zeigen Uploads an, das nichts hochgeladen werden soll.
Hier der zugehörige Screenshot:
Screenshot
Der ScreenShot und auch alle Fotos lassen sich im Übrigen durch “Teilen” in der Android-Foto-App ohne Probleme in NextCloud hochladen.
Interessant ist in dem Zusammenhang, dass die App ja bei der ersten Installation vom 26.11-06.12. richtig funktionierte und dann das automatische Hochladen der Bilder einstellte.

I was doing some experiments:
Resetting the memory usage from the app with Android app settings is unfortunately not possible, because you will end up in the app, which won’t really delete everything. So I uninstalled the nc-client and deleted the Nextcloud directory.
The "Photos"menu, does not work after the new installation. Uploading after photographing is also not possible. After all, the client tries this now, but fails / Didn’t find an end. “Uploads” indicate that nothing is to be uploaded.
Here is the corresponding screenshot:

ScreenShot and all photos can be uploaded to NextCloud by “sharing” in the Android photo app without any problems.
It is interesting in the context that the app worked correctly during the first installation from 26.11-06.12. and then the automatic uploading of the pictures was stopped.

Hi @dasarne,

thanks alot for your thorough testing/analysis. The best way to get this resolved it so open an issue on the Github tracker https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues because that is the best way to reach out to the Android developers.

Cheers,
Andy

schon mal versucht einer das datum zurĂŒck zu setzen vom handy ? wenn da was klappen wĂŒrde liegt ein logikfehler nur vor :wink::grin:

Soooo noch mal hab den fehler gefunden habs mit einem Handy versucht das mit der app den fehler hat
Es ist in der tat ein logikfehler im datum der app sie behandelt nur neuere datum nicht aber von anfang an :grin: stellt die app so ein das sie alle datumÂŽs vergleicht oder lasst das mit dem datums weg und nimmt hashwert egal wie dann geht es :wink:

PS: wer jetzt meint er könnte die zeit und das datum des hĂ€nds zurĂŒckstellen der irrt das gesamte netzwerk muss zurĂŒckgestellt werden dann geht es den ansonsten will dann das netzwerk nicht und auch nicht die cloud :wink:

@NextGeneration Der mir bekannte Workaround fĂŒr bestehende Bilder vor Aktivierung des Auto-Uploads wĂ€re nach der Aktivierung die Bilder einmal in einen anderen Ordner zu verschieben und dann wieder zurĂŒck in den Ordner :wink: Korrekte Lösung ist aber auf der Roadmap.