Nextcloud Android client won't auto-upload

Eventually you will find the picture which haven’t been uploaded in the history view of the app where you can re-trigger an upload attempt. The only other way to get it uploaded is by manually selecting and uploading them.

I’ve got same probleme here (Xiaomi Mi 9 with Android 9). App uploaded only new photo that i made after install. The old photos are not uploaded at all.

Same here with oneplus 5! Will only upload newly taken photos :weary:

Currently that is how it works by design. You have to upload the already existing photos manually.

There is currently no other way to do a first sync.

3.11 currently in development will ship with a feature to ask the user also upload existing images

7 Likes

Good to hear.
A lot of my photos were never autouploaded, at different times. Then when I fiddle with the client for a while, it awakens and starts uploading new ones, but never the forgotten ones.
This “upload old stuff as well” would be a way to fix the above.

It’s works with the last version of the app (version 3.11.0) and it works well !

2 Likes

No, it does not work.

I tried to change the destination folder while files were being uploaded. Everything that was queued for upload in the old folder just
 stopped syncing.

This thread is over 2 years old. The first 10 pages of reviews confirm that auto-upload is completely broken. There’s a dozen threads on various sites, and countless github issues.

How long should we wait before giving up?

1 Like

You need to turn off battery saving option for the Nextcloud app

This has nothing to do with battery savings. The phone is connected to the charger and the app is in the foreground. This is a separate issue.

In the end, the solution was to reinstall the app and reconfigure everything. The exact same configuration started working again. Clearing the app cache did not fix it.

After a reinstall, I had the battery saving issue that you mentioned, but that was much easier to fix.

If you know it better then please tell us the solution

If I knew the solution I wouldn’t be here, would I?

I already ruled out the battery savings issue as described above. Thanks for your support.

Then auto upload should work

Seems broken here too. From 6 configured folders, only 1 seem to continue working. When configuring it was already a miss and go. Suddenly it started working for a short time.
Battery savings are disabled for the app.

For me it doesn’t work either but on my buddy’s phone it started uploading pictures right away
even the old ones.

This is still broken. Battery issues are not it. I get a message about server maintenance mode, but I’ve validated that is not the case. Please help.

Just installed nextcloud and having the same issue. I’ve disable battery saving and still having an issue.

Is there a fix for this?

This is the biggest disappointment with Nextcloud. And it has been this way for years now. Several years ago you could upload folders from android. It has been not worked for me after several different phones and installations of nextcloud. THis needs more attention and I fear is bigger issue than what developers seem to think. Where is the feedback loop? Seems completely dead with no news for years.

You need to turn off the battery saving function for the Nextcloud app. That’s all :wink:

1 Like

Turning off battery optimization for the Nextcloud app does not resolve this issue. With optimization turned off, on the charger and connected to WiFi with the Nextcloud app on the foreground, it still will not auto-upload files. It’s been this way on and off for years now. Right now my phone hasn’t auto-uploaded files since June.

1 Like