Nextcloud Android client won't auto-upload

If I setup autoupload folder in internal storage. Nothing happen. Manual upload works, but auto not work nor from internal storage.

That piece of software is useless without SD card :frowning:

Sorry, I donā€™t understand what do you mean. Or we just have different needs. :thinking:

I threw the MicroSD card away. My phone has 64 GB internal storage. Its ok, but still auto upload not workā€¦

I also started having this issue after I updated my phone to Android 9. Automatic upload sometimes works and sometimes does not, with no apparent pattern.

My strong suspicion is that there is some sort of API compatibility issue, that watching for directory changes no longer works in all cases.

I have this issue too, from the previous nextcloud android version.
Check yours logs if the problem donā€™t come from this error too : "Hostname" fields absent from http requests for connectivity checking (if nextcloud android client canā€™t make itā€™s healthcheck, it do not upload anything, but streaming and download continue to working)

Same Probleme here.
My Server was down for a week. New Pictures are uploaded automatically the pictures from the last week wonā€™t sync to the server. This topic is from 2017 - isnā€™t the problem solved yet?

Eventually you will find the picture which havenā€™t been uploaded in the history view of the app where you can re-trigger an upload attempt. The only other way to get it uploaded is by manually selecting and uploading them.

Iā€™ve got same probleme here (Xiaomi Mi 9 with Android 9). App uploaded only new photo that i made after install. The old photos are not uploaded at all.

Same here with oneplus 5! Will only upload newly taken photos :weary:

Currently that is how it works by design. You have to upload the already existing photos manually.

There is currently no other way to do a first sync.

3.11 currently in development will ship with a feature to ask the user also upload existing images

7 Likes

Good to hear.
A lot of my photos were never autouploaded, at different times. Then when I fiddle with the client for a while, it awakens and starts uploading new ones, but never the forgotten ones.
This ā€œupload old stuff as wellā€ would be a way to fix the above.

Itā€™s works with the last version of the app (version 3.11.0) and it works well !

2 Likes

No, it does not work.

I tried to change the destination folder while files were being uploaded. Everything that was queued for upload in the old folder justā€¦ stopped syncing.

This thread is over 2 years old. The first 10 pages of reviews confirm that auto-upload is completely broken. Thereā€™s a dozen threads on various sites, and countless github issues.

How long should we wait before giving up?

1 Like

You need to turn off battery saving option for the Nextcloud app

This has nothing to do with battery savings. The phone is connected to the charger and the app is in the foreground. This is a separate issue.

In the end, the solution was to reinstall the app and reconfigure everything. The exact same configuration started working again. Clearing the app cache did not fix it.

After a reinstall, I had the battery saving issue that you mentioned, but that was much easier to fix.

If you know it better then please tell us the solution

If I knew the solution I wouldnā€™t be here, would I?

I already ruled out the battery savings issue as described above. Thanks for your support.

Then auto upload should work