Nextcloud Android client won't auto-upload

Mario,
It was not working with the official download. It is working with the dev version dated 20170830 that I downloaded and installed this week as you asked. Some pics from july seem to be missing, but I with carefully watch what is happening from now. Something in the job that is to be scheduled is going wrong with the official version I think.
So it seems the problem is solved with the DEV version, and that is nice!

O, there was nothing in a queue with the official release. Pic were simply never uploaded when the app was not activated by viewing to my files on my mobile.

Hi, I have Galaxy S9. I have the same problem. Auto-upload and sync not work. Manual download and upload works great. Some solution for this problem ?

Throw Samsung Galaxy away
:wink:

This is not what I wanted to hear. :smiley: I am realy satisfied with samsung phones. All works realy great. much samsung apps and functions. last but not least excelent camera. Nextcloud not work on Galaxy phones and wont work?

I don’t think so because they don’t have Samsung Galaxy devices and therefore is no reason to work on it. Sorry to say that.

They can test with S9+ but you should not use SD card, because it’s problematic with many Android devices. https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues/3814#issuecomment-479096682

I’m happy with S8 and Nextcloud. Auto uploads works mostly. After reboot you need to start app to make it work. I think. I’m not using sd card with Nextcloud. Upload will not start immediately after the new picture.

If I setup autoupload folder in internal storage. Nothing happen. Manual upload works, but auto not work nor from internal storage.

That piece of software is useless without SD card :frowning:

Sorry, I don’t understand what do you mean. Or we just have different needs. :thinking:

I threw the MicroSD card away. My phone has 64 GB internal storage. Its ok, but still auto upload not work

I also started having this issue after I updated my phone to Android 9. Automatic upload sometimes works and sometimes does not, with no apparent pattern.

My strong suspicion is that there is some sort of API compatibility issue, that watching for directory changes no longer works in all cases.

I have this issue too, from the previous nextcloud android version.
Check yours logs if the problem don’t come from this error too : "Hostname" fields absent from http requests for connectivity checking (if nextcloud android client can’t make it’s healthcheck, it do not upload anything, but streaming and download continue to working)

Same Probleme here.
My Server was down for a week. New Pictures are uploaded automatically the pictures from the last week won’t sync to the server. This topic is from 2017 - isn’t the problem solved yet?

Eventually you will find the picture which haven’t been uploaded in the history view of the app where you can re-trigger an upload attempt. The only other way to get it uploaded is by manually selecting and uploading them.

I’ve got same probleme here (Xiaomi Mi 9 with Android 9). App uploaded only new photo that i made after install. The old photos are not uploaded at all.

Same here with oneplus 5! Will only upload newly taken photos :weary:

Currently that is how it works by design. You have to upload the already existing photos manually.

There is currently no other way to do a first sync.

3.11 currently in development will ship with a feature to ask the user also upload existing images

7 Likes

Good to hear.
A lot of my photos were never autouploaded, at different times. Then when I fiddle with the client for a while, it awakens and starts uploading new ones, but never the forgotten ones.
This “upload old stuff as well” would be a way to fix the above.