we are happy to announce the first release candidate for the upcoming Android release. It has already been uploaded to the Play store and should show up in the next couple of hours. As for the f-droid RC release, we published the PR but the publishing by f-droid might take some time.
Features you will get with this release are:
- Support for restoring deleted files (Nc14+)
- Media streaming (Nc14+)
- New media detection for AutoUpload
- Accessibility: improved TalkBack screenreader support
- Show outdated server warning for server <Nc12
- Add support for device credentials
- Show offline / maintenance info
- Improved activities
- Improved file detail / sharing with comments
- Improved Share link creation via bottom sheet
- Improved Notification, supporting actions
- Many bug fixes
Grab the app via google play store as a beta tester: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.nextcloud.client or later on Fdroid. !
Happy testing and if you find any issue please report back to us on https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues to resolve these.
We are also still lacking some translations, so if you have some time to spare, that would really help us bringing the client to the users in as many languages as possible https://www.transifex.com/nextcloud/nextcloud/android/
Fixes two crashes: with the file menu and with streaming
Fixes App SSO, avatar fetching and crashes related to shares via talk