we are happy to announce the first release candidate for the upcoming Android release. It has already been uploaded to the Play store and should show up in the next couple of hours/days. As for the f-droid RC release, we published the PR but the publishing by f-droid might take some time.
Features you will get with this release are:
- Prevent Firebase crashes: Exodus will warn about tracker, but code wise it is disabled
- Status support
- Document storage enhancement
- Auto upload media detection improvements
- Sharing UI rewrite
- Drop Android 4.3, new min version Android 4.4
For a full list, please see https://github.com/nextcloud/android/milestone/50
Grab the app via google play store as a beta tester: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.nextcloud.client or later on Fdroid. !
Happy testing and if you find any issue please report back to us on https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues to resolve these.
We are also still lacking some translations, so if you have some time to spare, that would really help us bringing the client to the users in as many languages as possible https://www.transifex.com/nextcloud/nextcloud/android/
RC2 Release / FINAL
- Change the hour to plural in 4 hours string for the status message
- Fix crash opening non-downloaded files
- Fix crash opening the user status dialog in case the status couldn’t be retrieved successfully
- Reduce App size by switching to a different emoji lib
- accept ethernet connect as a “un-metered wifi” for auto upload
- Fix crash opening a text file + opening the details of it
- Ignore unexisting subfolder for auto upload
- Don’t tint Nextcloud logo in main menu
- Make sure initial user status is fetched
- Fix theming of status text field
- Fix display of generated avatars is file detail sharing list