Nextcloud Android App - Login Failed

Hello,
I’ve installed “Nextcloud 11.0.1 (stable)” with Apache 2.4.18 on an Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS machine.
I’ve a big problem with Android App, I can’t login on it because the system return to me the message “Couldn’t find host”.
The tests were done on a LG with Android 7 and Nextcloud 1.4.3 and on a Lenovo with Android 6 and Nextcloud 1.4.3

The /var/log/apache2/access.log file return that when I try to search the server from Android:

10.0.1.17 - - [03/Aug/2017:12:45:47 +0200] “GET /status.php HTTP/1.1” 200 1824 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/1.4.3”
10.0.1.17 - - [03/Aug/2017:12:45:47 +0200] “HEAD /remote.php/webdav/ HTTP/1.1” 401 1233 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/1.4.3”

If I try to login with an iOs client or via web browser everything is working and i don’t have any problem, only Android isn’t working.
I suppose that it’s a client app problem also because if I download the Nextcloud Dev app, it find my server and doesn’t return an error.

Any suggest or solution to this type of problem?

Thank you all in advance,
Simone

Sounds super strange :frowning: 1.5 has lots more errors messages, so hopefully once that is out we’ll be able to debug this a bit easier.

Hi Mario,
Thank you for your reply.
Have you an approximate date of release for the new version of Android App?

Probably within September, the release candidate is available on f-droid and Play store so you can already give it a try. :slight_smile:

Hi Andy,
We’ve downloaded the f-droid version of the app (2.0.0RC5) because on the Play Store, we still see the 1.4.3 release of Nextcloud app.
When I try to search my host this what I obtain, seems like the app recognize the server, but I can’t modify username or password that are indicated as wrong.

In the Play Store release, I’ve immediately the three fields where I can enter the data of my server and my account.

In this case the /var/log/apache2/access.log file return that:

10.0.1.64 - - [05/Sep/2017:09:24:48 +0200] “GET /status.php HTTP/1.1” 200 1818 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/2.0.0RC5”
10.0.1.64 - - [05/Sep/2017:09:24:48 +0200] “HEAD /remote.php/webdav/ HTTP/1.1” 401 1231 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Android) ownCloud-android/2.0.0RC5”

What can we do to bypass or resolve this problem?

Thank for your help.

Hi @Innovazionedigitale,

I am not an expert on the login topic, so I created an issue on Github: https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues/1496 and pinged @tobiasKaminsky if he can have a look at this. Hope we can resolve this soon :slight_smile:

Hi @Innovazionedigitale,
are you still running on Nextcloud 11 on the server or did you upgrade to 12 by now?

Hi @Andy,
I’m still using Nexcloud 11 version because we need integration with Zimbra Drive.
Do you suppose that with NC12 there could be some progress?
Thank you for openin an issue on github!

Hi @Innovazionedigitale,
I’d say it should also work fine with Nc11, but @tobiasKaminsky is the expert on this matter, so I opened an issue on Github since that has way better response times than the forum when it comes to handling issues.

Accessing https://nextcloud.innovazionedigitale.it/remote.php/webdav/ should give
"This is the WebDAV interface. It can only be accessed by WebDAV clients such as the Nextcloud desktop sync client.", but we get “401 Unauthorized”.

–> at least in this current state I assume a server misconfiguration.

For further discussion please answer in https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues/1496