Nextcloud and SMB share issue

Hi! I have installed nextcloud to my own server and make smb share to ‘files’ directory of my user.
Now I copyed my files to smb share, but cant see it on nextcloud interface.
And when i delete demonstration files via mc(linux tool) in ‘files’ directory of my user i steel can see it on nextcloud web intarface.
How to fix it?

Don’t delete things on the underlying filesystem if you want the changes to be immediate within NC.

NC will run a scan periodically to detect changes on disk but it’s not a regular occurrence, so differences will show for some time.

To immediately update now, you can navigate to your /path/to/nextcloud and run:

sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all

Where www-data is your webserver user.

Its an error when i run sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
    Error: Call to undefined function OC\AppFramework\simplexml_load_file() in /var/www/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php:60
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/lib/private/legacy/app.php(177): OC\AppFramework\App::buildAppNamespace('files')
    #1 /var/www/lib/private/legacy/app.php(115): OC_App::registerAutoloading('files', '/var/www/apps/f...')
    #2 /var/www/lib/base.php(658): OC_App::loadApps(Array)
    #3 /var/www/lib/base.php(1059): OC::init()
    #4 /var/www/console.php(48): require_once('/var/www/lib/ba...')
    #5 /var/www/occ(11): require_once('/var/www/consol...')

I change Background Jobs from Ajax to webCron, wait for an 1 hour but nothin happend, then i change to systemCron same result. look likes rescan script dont work((

That’s odd, when I cd /var/www/html to my webroot where NC is installed and run sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all it kicks off a scan without issue.

yes thats strange… maybe I need install some extentional.
I make fresh install latest stable version of NC on ubuntu server 16.04.1.
php v.5.6.28

Does you integrity check show any errors (on admin page)? Ubuntu 16.04 comes with php7.0 by default, so why do you have php 5.6?

sory, my bad… upgrade php to 7.0 and sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all work)

but automatic rescan by ajax or system cron dont work((

Hi guys. I’m sorry that did not unsubscribe immediately. But I found what was the problem. The fact is that the server had a folder with hundreds of subfolders and thousands of files - the company’s working archive for several years, and its rescan took about 6 hours. After excluding this folder from synchronization everything goes perfectly, quickly and does not cause any trouble

1 Like