Nextcloud AIO office documents won't load

Okay found your issue then. Please remove 127.0.1.1 yourdomain.com from the /etc/hosts file and restart AIO. That should make it work.

2 Likes

That worked!

What caused this issue?

What can I do in the future to prevent this from happening?

Thanks

You seemingly added your domain to the hosts file. This is nothing that AIO is doing or in control over.

Don’t add your domain to the hosts file.

2 Likes

I added my domain to the host file when I first set up the Ubuntu 22.04 server. Nextcloud AIO was installed after the fact, and it worked fine until recently, so it is odd that all of a sudden this became a problem.

I followed the instructions in the book, “Mastering Ubuntu Server: Explore the versatile, powerful Linux Server distribution Ubuntu 22.04 with this comprehensive guide, 4th Edition” by Jay LaCroix who states that it is best practice to add the domain to the hosts file when setting up Nextcloud. So I followed his instructions from the book.

In any case, thanks for your help figuring this out!

I agree that this is odd. However AIO does not set nor overwrite this value. Possibly a docker daemon update has changed the defaults so that now the hosts file of the host is automatically taken into account which seemingly breaks AIO. However this is not fixable in AIO and only by fixing it on the host.

You are welcome!

1 Like