Nextcloud AIO, network problem

Hi there,

I have a strange problem with the nextcloud aio docker container.

I host nextcloud on a little thin client with Ubuntu server lts and the most up to date docker 26 package from their repos.

For managing my containers I use portainer and the stack function to deploy with compose.

I access nextcloud just inside my local network and nginx proxy manager as reverse proxy. For that I got a wildcard certificate from let’s encrypt as dns challange which routes to my servers local ip4 address.

I can install and use nextcloud normally but I can’t use features like full text search or memories transcoding feature trough the go-vod container.

I later found out that all the aio containers communicate trough their actual container name. This seems not to function right because if I change the container name to the actual docker internal container ip e.g. 17.0… everything works immediately.
So I could just change the values to the container IPs but every time I update the stack all values change to default automatically.

Does anyone else experience the same issue and has any Tipps?

Other stacks with multiple containers have no problem communicating with the container names btw.

Thx in advance and have a nice day

Can you post your Compose file?

Hi, ty for responding. Of course I can.

services:
  nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer:
    image: nextcloud/all-in-one:latest
    init: true
    restart: always
    container_name: nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer
    volumes:
      - nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config
      - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
    environment:
      APACHE_PORT: 11000
      APACHE_IP_BINDING: 0.0.0.0
      NEXTCLOUD_DATADIR: /pool1/nextcloud-aio
      # NEXTCLOUD_MOUNT: /mnt/
      NEXTCLOUD_UPLOAD_LIMIT: 10G
      NEXTCLOUD_MAX_TIME: 3600
      NEXTCLOUD_MEMORY_LIMIT: 1024M
      # NEXTCLOUD_STARTUP_APPS: deck twofactor_totp tasks calendar contacts notes
      NEXTCLOUD_ADDITIONAL_APKS: imagemagick
      NEXTCLOUD_ADDITIONAL_PHP_EXTENSIONS: imagick
      NEXTCLOUD_ENABLE_DRI_DEVICE: true
      # NEXTCLOUD_KEEP_DISABLED_APPS: false
      # TALK_PORT: 3478
      AIO_COMMUNITY_CONTAINERS: memories

volumes:
  nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:
    name: nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer

# # Optional: If you need ipv6, follow step 1 and 2 of https://github.com/nextcloud/all-in-one/blob/main/docker-ipv6-support.md first and then uncomment the below config in order to activate ipv6 for the internal nextcloud-aio network.
# # Please make sure to uncomment also the networking lines of the mastercontainer above in order to actually create the network with docker-compose
# networks:
#   nextcloud-aio:
#     name: nextcloud-aio # This line is not allowed to be changed as otherwise the created network will not be used by the other containers of AIO
#     driver: bridge
#     enable_ipv6: true
#     ipam:
#       driver: default
#       config:
#         - subnet: fd12:3456:789a:2::/64 # IPv6 subnet to use

One more info I forgot to mention. Of course I attached the nginx proxy manager docker container to the same docker network that nextcloud aio use so that they can communicate to each other internally.

Also you need to know that for the values I mentioned in my first post I mean the ones at the admin page and even the imaginary host address in the config.php file.