Nextcloud AIO email server options

I am up for the challenge but if there is an easier solution I would like to pursue that first. I’m in contact with Zoho tech support to see if I can resolve this. Thanks for the recommendations.

I tried another email provider and I’m getting the exact same error.

Are there specific ports on the server that need to be open for email notifications to work?

I found this tutorial for an email server with docker and mailcow. It looks fairly straightforward. Do you see any potential conflicts with Nextcloud AIO? videos/mailcow-tutorial at main · ChristianLempa/videos · GitHub

I haven’t used mailcow but I imagine that should be fine.

1 Like

If I install mailcow through docker, will it have any conflicts with Nextcloud AIO?

You’ll have to determine that for yourself. The only conflict would be if they try to use the same ports on the host, but even if they do, you can probably work around it. Port 80 or 443 probably.

I am also having this problem. So far i have not found any email service that will work with Nextcloud.

Zoho support was unable to help so I signed up with Fastmail and I’m having the same problem. They gave a detailed response. If anyone can understand this I’d appreciate some help.

“That error seems to indicate that the client is not able to resolve the dns name “smtp.fastmail.com”. This usually indicates a DNS resolution or an internet connection issue with the machine that’s trying to resolve that domain. You will need to look into the machine that php is using to connect to us, make sure the connections are working and check if DNS resolution for the domain is working.”