NextCloud AIO Caching with B2/S3 storage

Hi, I’m fairly new to NextCloud, so I apologize if this has been answered already, I’ve tried searching for answers to my questions, but I haven’t found any.

I was hoping to set up NextCloud to serve me as a Google Drive replacement for my personal files, but also files shared with my clients.

The VPS I’m running NextCloud AIO on has around 50 GB of storage available at all times, and I’m planning to use BackBlaze B2 as my primary NextCloud storage. VPS is Oracle’s free tier arm64 4-core, 24GB RAM, 100GB Storage instance, and the NextCloud install is behind Cloudflare.

So here are my questions:

1. If I mount my B2 bucket in NC, do I get file caching? If there’s a file on my NC that’s being used/previewed a lot, I don’t want it to unnecessarily eat up B2 egress bandwidth. I see that there’s a redis container that came with the NC AIO stack, I’m guessing redis has something to do with file caching and what not? Does redis cache B2 storage as well?

2. Should I directly mount the B2 bucket into NC or use rclone and mount it to a local folder and then mount that folder in NC? I for sure know I’m getting caching via rclone, but was wondering if there are any pros/cons to either of the approaches that I’m not aware of.

3. The files that would be shared between me and the clients would be large in size (usually 10 GB or more), so I’m guessing the max file size that could be uploaded at single time would be around 25 GB? Since the chunks need to be assembled…or are chunks directly uploaded to B2 and then assembled there?

4. Whenever I try uploading a file from my VPS to NextCloud (same VPS that NextCloud is on, via Internet, not locally), the upload fails. The VPS has gigabit upload so I’m guessing that has something to do with it? Since whenever I upload from my home network (100 Mbit up) the upload works just fine. I’m guessing it’s some kind of a chunking or timeout issue? or perhaps the VPS storage can’t keep up with essentially reading/writing to the same disk? Are there any env variables that I should adjust to accommodate 10 gb+ uploads?

I apologize if this post is in the wrong thread. Thanks in advance!