NextCloud 24- update php 8.1.7 -

hello,
Im New to NC… Basic Beginner Experience - Just happy to have gotten this far - Great work everyone.
Question-
i upgraded my php to 8.1
i checked all my updated files on my server (AWS LightSail)
but when i go to my normally working Nextcloud Login page end up the default Apache 2 Ubuntu Default page. saying server is working…
i imagine i broke the link to the database or NC gui…
im having a heck of a time finding info on how i might re connect or should i do a complete rebuild…

thanks in advance nice to be here,
kai

I’m guessing you ran apt update and then apt upgrade. Since everything was working before and all you did was change the version of php; I imagine you also upgraded apache in the process, and something overwrote your apache configuration files. Another option could be that nextcloud isn’t running at all, but I think that would give you a 502 bad gateway if apache was configured correctly. How exactly did you upgrade PHP? What is in /var/www/html/ on your server? Are you sure nextcloud is running? How do you keep nextcloud and apache running after server restarts? Is the service that starts nextcloud pointing at the old version of php that doesn’t exist anymore?

1 Like

Hi @KaiBuskirk,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us technical info and logs needed to better help you! Thanks.

1 Like

Rebuilding my NC 24 instance again from scratch… good learning for sure…
will ask next time before i update stuff…
i had snapshots from the week prior… its best i start over…
thank you for being there to help…
kai