Nextcloud 22 - Add Group broken

When trying to Add group from the Users section, the URL points to https://example.com/settings/users# and of course nothing works. The Add group dialog doesn’t come up, or anything.

Why is this link broke?
Where to fix it?

This is a brand new install of Nextcloud 22.0.0

removed your url. example.com should still be helpful. :+1:

Are you talking about creating a group, or creating a circle from the contacts page?

This will be fixed with NC22.0.1

2 Likes

I have been having the same problem. Glad to know that it has not something caused by my config.

@just in my case it is creating a group.

For now I add groups by editing a users “Groups” column, listing groups that are not there and then saving it. After that I remove the group from the user.

Same Problem in current nextcloud aio hub5 27.0.0, the workaround adding a new group for a user works. In addition I cannot create group folders.

Yeah this seems to be back in 27 version on Ubuntu.

I was able to add a group from the add user window.

I am truly sorry that adding a group is broken again :see_no_evil:

Bug report for Nextcloud 22:

Bug report for Nextcloud 27:

The bug is already fixed and will be released with Nextcloud 27.0.1 scheduled for 2023-07-20 (Maintenance and Release Schedule · nextcloud/server Wiki · GitHub).

Workaround: Use occ to add a group.

1 Like

Same problem here with 26.0.4: users are not able to add / create groups. Even the quick & dirty way via add new user doesn’t work. Just the error that user is no Super-Administrator.

Very bad situation. Is there any fix / workaround? Thanks!