Nextcloud 20 - Internal Server Error after update

Hi Folks,

After updating from 19.0.3 to 20.0.0, I’m facing an internal server error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the webserver log.

Logs are not showing much except for those two lines that caught my eyes:

[access_compat:error]: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/config
[authz_core:error] : client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/.htaccess

But those files looks pretty normal, and has not been changed during update…

Nextcloud version: 20.0.0
Apache version: 2.4.46
PHP version: 7.4

If you have any idea… your help will be appreciated!
PS: it seems that clients are able to connect, web connection looks to be the problem.

1 Like

Maybe owner of some files/directories changed (for example you have updated NC by SSH as some user, but web server use it’s own user to start php/http server daemon).

Actually everything is owned by http user.
I’m a bit lost and I don’t really know in which log I could find some useful information about this error…

EDIT: It works! I’ve just downgraded php from 7.4.11 to 7.4.10 and it now works… I don’t know what changed between those two versions but it break the webapp

EDIT2: This morning it doesn’t work anymore, so I don’t know what happened!

I’ve found this error, it seems linked to my problem:

{“reqId”:,“app”:“index”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/index.php/apps/dashboard/”,“message”:{“Exception”:“RuntimeException”,“Message”:“Could not get appdata folder for dashboard”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/AppData/AppData.php”,“line”:157,“function”:“getAppDataFolder”,“class”:“OC\Files\AppData\AppData”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/apps/dashboard/lib/Service/BackgroundService.php”,“line”:126,“function”:“newFolder”,“class”:“OC\Files\AppData\AppData”,“type”:“->”},{“function”:“__construct”,“class”:“OCA\Dashboard\Service\BackgroundService”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php”,“line”:101,“function”:“newInstanceArgs”,“class”:“ReflectionClass”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php”,“line”:109,“function”:“buildClass”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php”,“line”:126,“function”:“resolve”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php”,“line”:455,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php”,“line”:427,“function”:“queryNoFallback”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php”,“line”:87,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“function”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[“*** sensitive parameters replaced ***”]},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php”,“line”:101,“function”:“array_map”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php”,“line”:109,“function”:“buildClass”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php”,“line”:126,“function”:“resolve”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php”,“line”:455,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php”,“line”:427,“function”:“queryNoFallback”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php”,“line”:139,“function”:“query”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php”,“line”:308,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/base.php”,“line”:1009,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/index.php”,“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:“::”}],“File”:“/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/AppData/AppData.php”,“Line”:118,“CustomMessage”:“–”},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0”,“version”:“20.0.0.9”}

EDIT: OK, actually I can access everything except for the dashboard added in NC20. If I go directly to index.php/apps/files it works properly. The only broken link is index.php/apps/dashboard/

Please post the error messages as blockquotes or something else that makes them break lines. I stopped reading this thread because it is too cumbersome to scroll through them horizontally.