Nextcloud 19 Sync Client stops sync after 0kB file

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version: 19.0.0
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Apache or nginx version: apache2
PHP version (eg, 7.1): php 7.4.7

The issue you are facing:
Self made Docker Image with dozens of Instances running good. Except one, where a excel file was damaged and reduced to 0kB.
When sync with a Win NC Client Version 2.6.5, it stopps after reaching the 0kB file completly and does not sync at all.
Storage is a own S3.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

Steps to replicate it:

1. Dont Know. Can’t on my own

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Not available anymore - to outdated -> more from var/log

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxx+xxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxx/xxxx',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
    1 => 'xx-xxx-xx-xx.',
    2 => 'Custom Domain',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://localhost',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '19.0.0.12',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'oc_xx',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxxx',
  'installed' => true,
  'instanceid' => 'xxxx',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' =>
  array (
    'host' => '/var/run/redis/redis.sock',
    'port' => 0,
    'dbindex' => 0,
  ),
  'objectstore' =>
  array (
    'class' => 'OC\\Files\\ObjectStore\\S3',
    'arguments' =>
    array (
      'bucket' => 'xxxx',
      'autocreate' => true,
      'key' => 'xxxx',
      'secret' => 'xxxx',
      'hostname' => 'xxxx',
      'use_ssl' => true,
      'use_path_style' => true,
    ),
  ),
  'logfile' => '/var/log/nextcloud.log',
  'loglevel' => '2',
  'enable_previews' => true,
  'preview_max_x' => 2560,
  'preview_max_y' => 2560,
  'preview_max_scale_factor' => 4,
'mail_from_address' => 'noreply',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_domain' => 'xxx',
  'mail_smtphost' => 'xxx',
  'mail_smtpport' => '25',
  'upgrade.disable-web' => true,
  'tempdirectory' => '/tmp/upload-tmp',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'updater.release.channel' => 'stable',
  'ldapIgnoreNamingRules' => false,
  'ldapProviderFactory' => 'OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAPProviderFactory',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'default_language' => '',
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

{"reqId":"jM4bl5o01d09N01jgejZ","level":3,"time":"2020-07-27T12:29:42+00:00","remoteAddr":"xx","user":"xxx","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/remote.php/webdav/PATH_TO_FILEEf%202019_10/FILE.xls?downloadStartSecret=xxx","message":"fopen(https://xxx): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable\r\n at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/ObjectStore/S3ObjectTrait.php#75","userAgent":" "version":"19.0.0.12"}
{"reqId":"jM4bl5o01d09N01jgejZ","level":3,"time":"2020-07-27T12:29:42+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx","user":"xxx","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"FILE/FILE.xls?downloadStartSecret=xxx","message":"fopen(httpseek://): failed to open stream: &quot;OC\\Files\\Stream\\SeekableHttpStream::stream_open&quot; call failed at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Stream/SeekableHttpStream.php#67","userAgent":" version":"19.0.0.12"}
{"reqId":"jM4bl5o01d09N01jgejZ","level":4,"time":"2020-07-27T12:29:42+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx","user":"xxx","app":"webdav","method":"GET","url":"FILE/FILE.xls?downloadStartSecret=xxxev","message":{"Exception":"Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\ServiceUnavailable","Message":"Could not open file","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php","line":90,"function":"get","class":"OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\File","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php","line":89,"function":"httpGet","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"Sabre\\HTTP\\Request"},{"__class__":"Sabre\\HTTP\\Response"}]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":474,"function":"emit","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":["method:GET",[{"__class__":"Sabre\\HTTP\\Request"},{"__class__":"Sabre\\HTTP\\Response"}]]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":251,"function":"invokeMethod","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"Sabre\\HTTP\\Request"},{"__class__":"Sabre\\HTTP\\Response"}]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":319,"function":"start","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php","line":82,"function":"exec","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php","line":167,"args":["/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php"],"function":"require_once"}],"File":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/File.php","Line":428,"CustomMessage":"--"},"userAgent":xx","version":"19.0.0.12"}
{"reqId":"jM4bl5o01d09N01jgejZ","level":3,"time":"2020-07-27T12:29:42+00:00","remoteAddr":"xx","user":"xxx","app":"PHP","method":"GET",PATH_TO_FILE/A_FILE.xls?downloadStartSecret=xxxx","message":"Undefined index: debugMode at /var/www/nextcloud/core/templates/exception.php#17","userAgent":"xxx","version":"19.0.0.12"}
{"reqId":"jM4bl5o01d09N01jgejZ","level":3,"time":"2020-07-27T12:29:42+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx","user":"xxx","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/rP_T_FA_Fxls?downloadStartSecret=xxx","message":"Undefined index: debugMode at /var/www/nextcloud/core/templates/exception.php#26","userAgent":"xxx","version":"19.0.0.12"}

Is this a Server problem or a client problem?

After 1,5 weeks of trying to debug, im starting to loose my sanity. So if anybody can help, i am very grateful

Dear @Masiko,

I can replicate the issue ( including the sanity loss :slight_smile: ).

With a slightly different setup:

• nextcloud 19.0.2 (same version of Ubuntu). Btw, from the changelog of 19.0.3, which has just been released, I conclude that it’s not going to help.
  • sync client 2.3.3 (84) on mac OS.

I use S3 as an external storage.

I tried to sync the same directory on the primary storage (local disk) and it does work! But I need S3.

The sync client is an old one, but the most recent version simply does not sync subfolders at all, so it’s not an option. This is another topic.

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem? Many thanks in advance.

I, too, am experiencing this issue on Nextcloud 19.0.3 (CentOS 7.x) using sync client ver. 3.0.1-1 (Manjaro 20.1 official repos).

I think its a client problem, all OS support a minimum size file (4k).

Hi folks,

i am running a few Nextcloud instances. All with Amazon S3 as primary storage backend.
they’re on Version 19.0.3 one is on 20.0.0 Beta 4
All of them do show error messages from somewhen mid August on.
this does not depend on the exact sync client version or underlying operation system.
i got MacOS (Catalina, Mojave) Windows 10 Clients. All creating erros on the client not able to sync and on the server sides error logs it looks like:

“reqId”:“jNAZteRyYTxhuYhx0HS1”,“level”:3,“time”:“2020-06-20T15:09:12+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“8XXXXXX1”,“user”:“XXXXXX”,“app”:“PHP”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/remote.php/dav/files/XXXX
/20-06-13%2016-54-17%203381.mp4",“message”:“fopen(https://XXXXXX.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/urn%3Aoid%3AXXXXXX): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable\r\n at /var/www/clients/client1/web17/web/lib/private/Files/ObjectStore/S3ObjectTrait.php#75”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/2.6.4stable-Win64 (build 20200303) (Nextcloud)”,“version”:“19.0.0.12”}
{"

i have tousands of these errors in my logs.

it used to work just fine for the last 3 years …

even if you start fresh and upload first time using the sync client. you get these errors … (just tested …)

Any idea?

Do you have a 0kb file left in Nextcloud after the first upload attempt? I have had some success deleting the 0kb file, moving the file away on my local filesystem and waiting for Nextcloud Desktop to finish its scan then putting the file back. Extremely tedious with thousands of files, it takes minutes per file.