Hi, Given the warning the future nc versions won’t support PHP 7.2, I decided to update to 7.3 on my Ubuntu 18.04. I followed these instructions.
However, when running nextcloud I get the following error:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.
I already went through similar other threads on this forum and elsewhere, and tried the following:
- Appropriately used a2dismod and a2enmod to disable/enable 7.2/7.3 respectively then restart apache
- My phpinfo.php shows apache appropriately running php7.3
- I checked the list of enabled modules for php7.2 and php7.3 in phpinfo, and they are identical to the dot, same for mysql modules and extensions
- When I disable 7.3 and go back to 7.2, nextcould works again
- I also ran occ maintenance:repair, did not help
- I also carefully examined the ini files loaded in 7.2 and 7.3 phpinfo files, this is a list of flies that was loaded in 7.2 that was not loaded in 7.3, I suspect herein lies my issue somewhere:
/etc/php/7.2/apache2/conf.d/20-apcu.ini, /etc/php/7.2/apache2/conf.d/20-apcu_bc.ini, /etc/php/7.2/apache2/conf.d/20-igbinary.ini, /etc/php/7.2/apache2/conf.d/20-shmop.ini(all other filenames are identical)
Spent hours trying solutions on the net, and I’m out of ideas. Thank you for the help in advance.