Nextcloud 19 Beta 2 is out - help us test it!

But at least browsers have a rather stable interface for extensions so almost all of them run just like they did say 15 versions before. For app developers in Nextcloud it means they have to keep up at least every few months to get their apps compatible.

So step in and support your favorite apps by checking for compatibility and filing issues if missing.

Can the repair function in occ be modified to re-upload theme images to the primary S3 backend?

I am missing video player icons and move/copy doesn’t appear at all. I have tried several reinstalls - both nextcloud and OS - with no success.

I’ll be tearing through the code later today to see what image the move/copy box uses and see if it exists at all on the S3 backend.

If you want to discuss specific issues, it is better to do that on github. Perhaps it is already fixed? Check out if there is a bug report/feature request, if there have been fixes (then you can test it), 

10 posts were split to a new topic: Add string freeze to release schedule

@Ascendancer
we already have discussed something similar earlier on the forum →

There are still null errors. Is NC 19 php 7.4 compatible?

Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /home/nginx/domain.net/public/3rdparty/scssphp/scssphp/src/Compiler.php#6189
   Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /home/nginx/domain.net/public/3rdparty/scssphp/scssphp/src/Compiler.php#2716

Maybe the fix didn’t yet merged into this beta.
There is one line to mod into this compiler file to fix this issue.
Search on github

With NC 18 the error wasn’t same.
Error PHP Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/leafo/scssphp/src/Compiler.php#5230

The number is different.

And they are two errors on the same file. Go on github and file an issue before the RC.

Anyone else seeing issues with the Contacts app after upgrading? The groups do now show, I get just a spinner where the user list should be and a “Loading” message on the right where the details would normally be.

Dear Developers,

thanks for the developing such a great tool. However have to tell you, that the group folders app do not obey the trashbin retention time as it was mentioned many time at github. As well, as you can add two identical folder names in the group folder app. So these two “bugs” are quite annoying, if you would like to use NC in a productive environment. The issues and requests are present since a long long time at github. Please see here. The most sad part is that you’ve developed now Version 19 and the issues persists since minimum version 15. So what is your next plan to solve these isssues?

Best rgds

Haydar

I started using GroupFolder app as soon as it been released.
It just don’t work correctly.
So what i’ve done is :
Create a standalone user named « Shares » for exemple
Go into that Shares account and then create folders that you share with users. Now you will have a working trashbin.
But only user “Shares“ can use this trashbin completely

Well, that’s what I thought too. However Group Folders are practical, since you can configure Folders/Shares and link them to the groups. So a admin cannot see at the first run, what’s in there. Group Folders comply absolutely with our company policy. Of course you can impersonate the user or go into the shell of your data directory. But this is prohibited without having a written permission. So my thought is, that official Group Folder app must obey the trash bin time. Otherwise you have lots of junk in the bin. The workflow of files works well, after a certain time files will be moved to the trash bin.

Haydar

Yeah i know but this issue made me keeping my distance with this App.
I have two clients with more than 5TB on Nextcloud, and i don’t want to go every month in the trashbin for freeing some space.

Don’t hesitate to do a PING on the issue on GitHub.

Thanks, I did this already, but the wheels turn very slow there :wink:

Dear developers,

please bear in mind, that the trashbin retention times do not work with the app group folder enabled. So deleted files in the group folder do move into trash bin, but are not deleted from the trash bin according to the trashbin retention settings e.g. ‘trashbin_retention_obligation’ => 1, 3,

Rgds

Haydar

Hello Haydar,

you repeated your comment regarding groupfolders app and thrashbin.
Please report such things at GitHub or add your comment to existings issues.

S3 still needs trash to work correctly. Deleting files from trash should delete them from the S3 backend along with image previews.

It doesn’t. Previews are not and sometimes the files aren’t removed from the S3 backend either.

Very surprised this is still an issue especially after that S3 partnership advertisement yesterday.

Well, I’ve done this 100 times at github, with all others. So you’ve requested us to test the NC 19, so I did this and I’m just telling you the issues.

Thank you

Haydar