Nextcloud 18 & Collabora - Not working anymore

Hi guys,

we have been using Collabora for nextcloud since v16, never had a problem before.
Today, after upgrade to NC18, Nextcloud doesnā€™t offer to open with collabora anymore.

Here what weā€™ve tried before posting this:

1. Disabling and re-enabling collabora app in nextcloud
  2. Removing and redeployng the Collabora docker image, with the right NextCloud domain
  3. Looking for errors in log
    a. No relevant entry in /var/logs/apache2/errors.log
    b. No results from ā€œdocker logs [COLLABORA_DOCK_ID]ā€

We are running NextCloud on top of a Fujitsu Physical Server, running Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS bionic and NextCloud is directly installed with apache (no docker or snap), using postrgresql.

Do you have the app social installed? Try to disable that and try again.

And make sure the docker image really is updated.

Hi SmallOne,

thank you for reply.

1. Nope, social app is not installed, as per image (in italian it say ā€œNot official applicationā€)

2. Docker image update as per latest repo, checked with docker command found on collabora installation instructionā€™s page on nextcloud official site

Then i am out of options. It works on my upgraded servers. What does the nextcloud log say?

nextcloud.log in the nextcloud data folder.

If you update the docker image, you have to do the steps again:

• edit loolwsd.xml
  • copy your certificate into the container
  • take care of chown and chmod
  • restart container
    else you will end up with a blue turning wheel

Dear SmallOne,

in nextcloud data folder iā€™ve got no logs, the nextcloud logs in my installation are located in /var/log/nextcloud/ā€¦ and the file nextcloud.log is the ā€œregistrationā€ page you may find in the admin panel of nextcloud, here below an image of it, as u can see thereā€™s nothing related to collabora, and the errors shown were already been managed by me.

Thank you hartmut001, anyway it seems that nextcloud wonā€™t let me open the file in collabora anymoreā€¦ so iā€™m far to finish the container configurations

Hi Fin3,
Had the very same problem - turned out to be ā€˜Group foldersā€™ that was interfering for me - just disabling it was enough to restore Collabora click-actions.

Nice, weā€™ve found a point to start, exact same behavior, if i disable group folders, collabora start to work again.

The problem now is that I canā€™t disable group folders, it is already used in production by a lot of pplā€¦ Need to solve thisā€¦ iā€™ll look further more later

Well I also have Group Folder 6.0.0 running, and Collabora is working fine

There is also an issue with files_fulltextsearch: https://github.com/nextcloud/files_fulltextsearch/issues/83

Agreed - disabling ā€˜group foldersā€™ or ā€˜files_fulltextsearchā€™ works for meā€¦

1 Like

I have exact the same problem. Disabling FulltextSearch was a workaround, but I hope there will be a solution very fast, because I use this software a log.

1 Like

Same problem for me as well. Total bummer that this is occurring as my organization uses Fulltextsearch a lot. Had to disable it to ensure operations kept running with word processing etc.

1 Like

I rased a bugreport at Github, maybe that helps:

1 Like