Nextcloud 18.0.2 & OnlyOffice - only works on local network

Hi,

I have a problem with the nextcloud/onlyoffice integration and I hope you can help. I do NOT use docker and have nextcloud and the community version of onlyoffice installed on a debian system having followed this instruction. I use Apache as my webserver.

To access my nextcloud from outside of my network I am using a DDNS service which works just fine. Unfortunately whenever I try to setup the document server with my DDNS address, I am getting the error

HealthcheckRequest on check error: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 60001 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received.

If I use the IP address of my server instead of my DDNS address, it works from within my network but not from outside. The error message I get with a device, external to my network is:

OnlyOffice could not be reached. Please contact admin

Can please someone advise the secret of how to setup onlyoffice? I would rather reach it from outside of my network than from within. At home I do have access to office products but I would like to edit office documents online if I am not at home…

Thank you very much for your help.

regards
realShadow

I had a similar problem: my onlyoffice does only work with the internal IP Address, because i set up the server using the IP. When I use a FQDN later, onlyoffice dies not accept it. And I got the reason for that: in the server-settings you have to change the URL to the documentserver. You can access onlyoffice only via this FQDN. Nextcloud can be adressed through multiple FQDNs, but not onlyoffice !