Nextcloud 16.0.2, 15.0.9 and 14.0.13 available now!

Originally published at: https://nextcloud.com/blog/nextcloud-16.0.2-15.0.9-and-14.0.13-available-now/

As part of our monthly release cadence, new minor releases of the Nextcloud server have been made available. As always, these include stability and security improvements and are designed to be a safe and quick upgrade. Customers can always count on our upgrade support if needed!

Please stay up to date with Nextcloud releases of both the server and its apps, for the safety of your data! Running web facing software without regular updates is risky and quite frankly, irresponsible.

important Nextcloud 14 is at the end of its public support cycle. Please, plan to upgrade to 15 at least over the next few weeks or inquire for a Nextcloud Subscription to continue to get security and bug fixes! This was the last public update!

NOTE that there are two known issues with this release. First, for many users the apps and users overviews are white until a full refresh takes place (hold the shift key and hit the refresh button in your browser). Second, some users reported file integrity warnings related to cypress which can be resolved by deleting the cypress.json and the cypress folder in the /apps/viewer/ folder. This folder with test data was accidentally shipped with Nextcloud 16.0.1 and should be deleted in the 16.0.2 upgrade but this does not happen for all users. We are looking for the root causes of both issues and will try to resolve them in a further update, but, as they are merely cosmetic, we recommend to upgrade regardless.

Update

On July 9 we released 16.0.3 and 15.0.10 with fixes for the above noted issues:

• fixes a bug in the drag and drop upload
  • removes some files that were wrongly there and came with 16.0.1 and caused the integrity check to fail

We suggest to update, but if the problems above did not affect your system there is no urgency.

Changes

The roughly 50 changes for Nextcloud 16.0.2 are quite minor, with a series of bug fixes for small issues and user interface enhancements. Notable fixes include a fix for full text search on group folders, LDAP fixes, hiding the new-file menu when quota is set to 0, a number of security-related updates like the ability to set a password for a redis cluster and updated CA bundles and more.

You can find the full 16.0.2, 15.0.9 and 14.0.13 changelogs on our website.

Stay safe: keep your server up-to-date!

Minor Nextcloud releases are security and functionality bug fixes, not rewrites of major systems that risk user data! We also do extensive testing, both in our code base and by upgrading a series of real-world systems to the test versions. This ensures that upgrades to minor releases are painless and reliable. As the updates not only fix feature issues but also security problems, it is a bad idea to not upgrade!

This is, of course, also true for apps: Keeping them updated has security benefits, besides the new features and other bug fixes.

If you are maintaining a mission-critical Nextcloud system for your enterprise, it is highly recommended that you get yourself some insurance (and job security… who gets blamed if the file handling system isn’t working as expected?). A hotline to the core Nextcloud developers is the best guarantee for reliable service for your users, and the job safety of you as system administrator.

I get a File not Found exception during Update:

https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-14.0.13.zip is missing.

2 Likes

Obtuve dos errores, uno de los dos me parece importante. El primero, y ya otros colegas lo han comentado, es que se crea la carpeta Cypress y provoca errores en la integridad del código (solucionado). El segundo error esta relaciondo con el administrador de aplicaciones, no muestra las aplicaciones instaladas o desactivadas que tengo en el nextcloud, tampoco las que están en appstores ni la columna de la izquierda donde se gestionas las app. Les dejo una imagen adjunto. Saludos a todos

Empty users and apps view is a known minor bug, which can easily be solved (same to the cypress bug):

1 Like

Perfecto muchas gracias. Definitivamente un error menor. Realmente no pense en esa posibilidad. Saludos

Please publish 14.0.13

Internal squealing :sweat_smile:

Update not possible because of missing file of version 14.0.13 :frowning:

When will the v16 update bee available to the BETA and STABLE release channel for v15 users? Currently running latest v15.0.9.1, even on beta release channel: no update shown. :frowning:

@e-raser I had your problem as well when NC 16 got released, until I checked the updater server config: https://github.com/nextcloud/updater_server/blob/master/config/config.php . Not sure if this was mentioned in the release news but v16 requires at least php 7.1, so check your php version and upgrade if needed.

is there any reason why 16.0.2 (fpm version) is not available with a docker-compose pull?
It is still the 16.0.1 version for the pull.

My problem now is that I did an upgrade yesterday with the web-updater and normally I do then later on the update of the docker image.
But today I had to stop it due to a non nextcloud reason and now I have the problem that the pull does not yet get the 16.0.2 fpm image and my instance cannot be started anymore.

Can't start Nextcloud because the version of the data (16.0.2.1) is higher than the docker image version (16.0.1.1) and downgrading is not supported. Are you sure you have pulled the newest image version?

Is there another way to solve it since the docker image is not available yet?

It is solved now: Problems after web-update

I am expereminded an error * You do not have permissions to upload or create files here *. It happens when I drag some file to my browser window, however when I add it from the web interface it does not happen. Any suggestions?

that issue is solved in release 16.0.3 which was just released on the nextcloud server.

Thanks for the response, in these moments the update has just arrived to my nextcloud.

1 Like