Nextcloud 14 - News feed not updating

*EDIT: Apparently the dialog to submit an issue does not handle image format? I’m so frustrated i can’t go through getting all this info again, right now. I will go back later and update the info, but please let me know if anything specific that is needed can not be viewed below.

Nextcloud version: 14.03
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.29
PHP version: 7.1.23

Issue:
I have installed the news feed app and gone through all documentation and forums I can find, attempting to get the feed to update with the system cron. No matter what I try, this does not happen. I am able to run the cron manually and the feed will update, but it will not run at the 15 min. intervals I’m trying to configure.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

![image|690x434](upload://rP3LQR84P68cVK9bznsCjZYvs9t.png) 

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

![image|690x401](upload://jkR7Rq1ZyndZN8VzC039zD88Vj4.png) 

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

![image|690x375](upload://bN1AfUFXyKpCd4ln05DdmmaeSoH.png) 

Config.ini in /nextcloud/data/news/config:

autoPurgeMinimumInterval = 60
autoPurgeCount = 200
maxRedirects = 10
maxSize = 104857600
exploreUrl =
feedFetcherTimeout = 60
useCronUpdates = true

I have also added the below to crontab via ‘sudo crontab -u www-data -e’:
*/15 * * * * sudo -u www-data php -f /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php

I have checked to see that the ‘reserved at’ value of OCA\News\Cron\Updater field in oc_jobs is ‘0’.

I’ve reached my wits’ end at this point… spending days trying to get a news feed to work has eroded my confidence in NC.

I think I may have resolved this by abandoning the idea of using the system cron and used the directions provided here, for systemd: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/14/admin_manual/configuration_server/background_jobs_configuration.html

Still feel free, of course to ask any questions about the cron stuff I was trying, though.