Nextcloud 13.0.2 - Trouble with integrity check

Since i’ve upgraded from 13.0.1 to 13.0.2 i get code integrity problems i can’t fix no matter what i do, i’ve downloaded and checked keys download is ok, then i update files showing problems and still same errors.
Also files and files_* original apps fail to code verification using occ tool to verify it. I wish i didn’t upgrade it, too late now. Anyone having same trouble ?

Thanks
Delphus

Hi,

I got that message regarding the code integrity too - I’m ignoring it, hoping 13.0.3 resolves this.

Regards,

Ivan

1 Like

Thanks man i was really feeling hopeless, i’ve even reinstalled it from 13.0.2 and no luck, so it must have come with those errors from the main release which is quite hard to believe tho. Shame.

Which files are not valid?
You get some details listed, not only a general message.

Of course: here is “my” list so far:

Results

• files_texteditor
    • EXTRA_FILE
      • l10n/nn_NO.js
      • l10n/nn_NO.json
  • firstrunwizard
    • EXTRA_FILE
      • l10n/bn_BD.json
      • l10n/hr.js
      • l10n/hr.json
      • l10n/bn_BD.js

And i’ve downloaded lastest version as nc 13.0.2 zip file, updated those, i must assume integrity list might be incorrect for those. its just impossible to get them fixed

Did an upgrade today (13.0.1 > 13.0.2) without any issue…

You said zip? not tar.gz?

Yes, today few hours ago by main zip file. i had no issues but those files, and i know those files are not that important but admin user keeps receiving warnings that integrity is not ok.

Another odd thing is that if you use occ to check each apps for its code, most will fail:

• files: 1.8.0
  • files_pdfviewer: 1.2.1
  • files_sharing: 1.5.0
  • files_texteditor: 2.5.1
  • files_trashbin: 1.3.0
  • files_versions: 1.6.0

most of those will fail, including file_texteditor which is preeeeety bad for my implementaton.

and last: Since upgrade i have been getting those errors on server log:

|Error|index|InvalidArgumentException: Username must be string

1. [internal function] OC\Core\Controller\LoginController->tryLogin(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/root/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 161: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/root/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 91: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OC\Core\Controller\LoginController), ‘tryLogin’)
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/root/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 115: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OC\Core\Controller\LoginController), ‘tryLogin’)
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/root/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php - line 47: OC\AppFramework\App main(‘OC\Core\Control…’, ‘tryLogin’, Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer), Array)
  6. [internal function] OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)
  7. /var/www/nextcloud/root/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 297: call_user_func(Object(OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler), Array)
  8. /var/www/nextcloud/root/lib/base.php - line 999: OC\Route\Router->match(’/login’)
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/root/index.php - line 37: OC handleRequest()
  10. {main}|
    | — | — |

The errors in the server log look like a problem with your PHP version. Did you enable your PHP-modules?

Hi there. Yes i’ve installed php7 with all modules needed for nextcloud so far. 7.0.27 is php version and it was all working with version 13.0.1. Maybe there is a new dependency on 13.0.2 version that i didn’t check.
Any chance to debug it better so i can find the missing module if any ?

Thanks

Heed it with caution, but it seems that the username is expected as string and is given as array. If that is true (that means if I’m right) it could really be a problem with your PHP version. So you should in earnest check your PHP modules again. If you use apache, did you do an “a2enmod php7.0” or just an “a2enmod php”?

i did check them all, and they seem fine. im using php-fmp that version i’ve mentioned before. and it all seem right so far, all listed to php.conf for it.

7.0/mods-available# ls
apcu_bc.ini curl.ini ftp.ini iconv.ini json.ini memcached.ini mysqlnd.ini phar.ini readline.ini sockets.ini tokenizer.ini xmlwriter.ini
apcu.ini dom.ini gd.ini igbinary.ini ldap.ini memcache.ini opcache.ini posix.ini shmop.ini sysvmsg.ini wddx.ini xsl.ini
calendar.ini exif.ini gettext.ini imagick.ini mbstring.ini msgpack.ini pdo.ini propro.ini simplexml.ini sysvsem.ini xml.ini zip.ini
ctype.ini fileinfo.ini http.ini intl.ini mcrypt.ini mysqli.ini pdo_mysql.ini raphf.ini smbclient.ini sysvshm.ini xmlreader.ini

also i’m using hiawatha as web server, apache is far fetch to me.

How did you upgrade? Manual, web updater, cli?

Such things can happen if you don’t delete the old code before putting the new one when you do a manual upgrade. Since these are just additional files and not so many, you can delete them manually and run the check again.

Fix you integrity check issues first. In case you have wrong code somewhere, it can cause many other problems.

first i did an occ upgrade

later i’ve tried rsync new code on top, because of the integrity issue.

now that you just said it made total sense to me, they are extra meaning they were probably pulled out. duh, thanks for pointing out.

Security & setup warnings

It’s important for the security and performance of your instance that everything is configured correctly. To help you with that we are doing some automatic checks. Please see the Tips & Tricks section and the documentation for more information.

All checks passed.

thanks everyone. still that php error tho, but i will try to find out what’s going on since i think i have all php modules needed, unless php 7.1 is mandatory now

I had this issue too, and the files manually verified. However 13.03 upgrade has resolved it. The files flagged (which were identical to those in the repo) were .htaccess and .user.ini and appear the same in 13.03 also.

Though as far as I am aware the checks didn’t show as failing immediately after the 13.02 upgrade either, so…