Nextcloud 13.0.1, 12.0.6 and 11.0.8 available with improved password protection

@e-raser I find it strange that you say your current version is 12.0.6 and the updater reports v12.0.4RC1. What versions are in config/config.php and in version.php?

config.php:

ā€˜versionā€™ => ā€˜12.0.6.1ā€™,

version.php:

$OC_Version = array(12,0,6,1);
$OC_VersionString = ā€˜12.0.6ā€™;

So everything finde. Maybe the nextcloud updater (version "v12.0.4RC1ā€™) is a leftover from my recent migration from OC to NC??

Update: No it canĀ“t, itĀ“s been updated (according to file time stamps) with the update to NC v12.0.6. Maybe another one on v12.0.6 can make a cross check and sort out, if this ā€œv12.0.4RC1ā€ really is something suspicious.

That may be. What does this command in the NC root tell?

sudo -u www-data php occ status

Update: No it canĀ“t (be a leftover), itĀ“s been updated (according to file time stamps) with the update to NC v12.0.6. Maybe another one on v12.0.6 can make a cross check and sort out, if this ā€œv12.0.4RC1ā€ really is something suspicious.

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/occ status

• installed: true
  • version: 12.0.6.1
  • versionstring: 12.0.6
  • edition:

What is in the log file? At the timestamp of the last update should be a line like

Debug core starting upgrade from 13.0.0.14 to 13.0.1.

What follows?

Which log file: nextcloud.log or updater.log? (thereĀ“s no ā€œDebugā€ line in both)

That depends on your settings in config/config.php. I have there a line

ā€˜loglevelā€™ => 2,

Yes it is the nextcloud.log. Retry the update with this setting and see whatā€™s new, maybe even with loglevel 1.

@e-raser @eehmke
Could you please open a new thread for this issue, please? These is the news thread and shouldnā€™t be misused for problem solving :wink:

Thank you.

3 Likes

You sent this to me in error. I havenā€™t posted anything yet, I just joined
forum yesterday!

*** From Google Pixel 2 XL

Hey @Douglas_Murray, thatĀ“s the default setting for new members. If you are confused by this, you could change this in your user settings here: https://help.nextcloud.com/u/Douglas_Murray/preferences/categories

Depending on your language youĀ“ll probably have the ā€œnewsā€ section within your ā€œtrack/follow first postā€ section.

I wanted to, but even better - there are plenty other users with the same issue:

Update: Fixed. Update from 12.0.6 to 13.0.1 now visible. Thank you!

When will it be available for my nextcloud box (RPI2)?
still on 12.0.5

Big thanks to the devs :+1:
Upgrading from version 12.0.5 with php5 to version 13.0.1 with php7 + some config optmization, improved a lot the user experience, great work !

1 Like

The web update from 13.0.0 to 13.0.1 did not work for me, due to a database DriverException:

An exception occured in driver: could not find driver in /volume1/web/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php:115

See this separate thread for details.

thats a matter of when snap-maintainers are gonna update the snap

any news?
still on 12.0.5

take a look here --> Is Nextcloud 13 available for snap install or snap upgrade?

Thanks for the information. So I am not really sure if my issue is with Nextcloud, Apache, or SSL certificates.

??? - apparently you answered to a wrong thread

Finally, 13.0.2 on nextcloud box :slight_smile:

1 Like