I have a userbase of ownCloud users. I have converted our instance to nextCloud 11. All seems to be well. However, there is a wrinkle that will cause some friction and consternation and not creating a smooth migration.
- NextCloud via web - works great
- ownCloud desktop sync clients connect
- NextCloud android app connects successfully
- Cirrus android app connects successfully
- ownCloud 2.2.0 Android app cannot connect - keeps getting a “unknown error occurred”
Here is what I see in the ssl_access_log - I see no errors.
HEAD /owncloud/remote.php/webdav/ HTTP/1.1" 401 -
HEAD /owncloud/remote.php/webdav/ HTTP/1.1" 200 -
GET /owncloud/index.php/ocs/cloud/user?format=json HTTP/1.1" 302 -
GET /owncloud/index.php/login HTTP/1.1" 200 18493
I am using an app password and two-factor login. The app password has been tested on the owncloud desktop clients and the andrdoid nextcloud clients.
Do all my users have to migrate to the NextCloud apps immediately? Or is this something that I can resolve in the configuration of NextCloud to allow mobile users to continue to use the ownCloud client?