Nextcloud 11.0.2 keeps telling me to add my e-mail address

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 11.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Ubuntu 16.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.18
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.0.15
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?:No

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

Concluded it’s a server issue since it seems to be the same using both NextCloud Desktop Client v2.2.4 build2 and OwnCloud Desktop Client v2.3.0 build6780.

The issue you are facing:
I keep getting a message to add my profile information despite clicking on “Close” and providing my name and e-mail address. This has been happening several times a day over the last week, following a re-install.

Please have a look at this, maybe this helps:

As nickvergessen mentions in this thread:

Name, email and avatar are the things it’s looking for.

So you might either need to add an avatar or change the php code as suggested in the linked comment.

Thanks Schmu! Looks like that check is now in apps/firstrunwizard/lib/Notification/Notifier.php in 11.0.2

Hi @Shrubbery,

Yes, you are right. It wasn’t mentioned explicitly in the other thread.
Please beware that nickvergessen also mentioned that you can dismiss the notification in the Web GUI so that you are no longer notified on the clients. By changing the PHP file you would change the default behavior of Nextcloud.

He wrote:

Dismissing a notification seems to be wrongly implemented on the client. But you can login on the web UI and dismiss the notification there, then it should be gone for ever.

But sure, if you want to change the default behavior you can edit nextcloud/apps/firstrunwizard/lib/Notification/Notifier.php