NextCloub Box Automatic Update to 10.0.2 from 10.0.1 causing error

When I log into my box, all I get is an option to upgrade to 10.0.2. When I click OK, I receive the following error and the system is trapped in maintenance mode and won’t connect to clients:

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘SET unique_checks=1’: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away.

I restarted the box from scratch (restarted the whole installation process) and still get the same error when trying to update. Not sure what to do at this point with box bricked. I seem to be caught in an update loop. It makes me update but won’t succeed.

The box was working fine for over a month when it tried to update itself and got stuck in maintenance mode, rejecting connections from the clients. I manually took it out of maintenance mode, and then was back to being able to try the update, but got stuck in this loop.

To clarify, is it/are you trying an update through the webUI or is this the automatic snappy upgrade?

It was the automatic snappy upgrade. But it hung my system in maintenance mode due to the error shown. I then took it (manually) out of maintenance mode and this time it didn’t update automatically, but asked me to update as soon as I accessed its web portal. I clicked on the “update” button and got the error.

That’s interesting ! I don’t know how this bug is possible, but you should ssh to your box and revert the snap to the previous version…
https://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/snappy (sudo snap revert nextcloud)