[Nextant] Index Problem, Indexer memory exceeds system resources

Ubuntu 16.04.3
Nextcloud 12.0.3
nextant v1.0.8
Solr 7.0
PHP 7.0.22

I have recently tried to add Nextant to an existing Nextcloud installation. When I try to index for the first time I get:

• Extracting files:

But nothing displays following that line. Then progressively the memory allocated by the “php /var/www/nextcloud/occ nextant:index” thread grows until it consumes all system memory and Swap, and throws a mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory error; followed by PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 30706511872) (tried to allocate …) in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Node/Folder.php on line 121.

I have tried to find where a setting for maximum memory would be, and have adjusted the solrconfig.xml properly, but it doesn’t appear to be a Solr problem and seems to be an occ php issue instead?

–debug does not provide any further details

Is this a rational problem and where should I go next?

Thanks!

Uuuuh, SOLR 7.0 is not supported by nextant … plz revert back to 6.6.1.

Same behavior noted after revert.

Out of interest, how much memory are you playing with there?
Can’t imagine it to be a memory leak as I’d assume it’d be pretty widely reported.

@Cult

Issue with the php more than solr, you might have a limit too low in your config.

16 GB system, 16 GB swap.

I probably just screwed something up in a config file and might try to roll back to a clean Nextant install if possible.

Cult: Any idea’s where to look? i.e. What PHP config settings do you think it might be?

Sorry, looked more deeply to the error message, there is a leak somewhere :]

How many files do you have in your cloud ?

I have my whole backup as an external, and then a small number natively on the cloud.

Looking through the Git pages this seems to be Issue 185, so I’m going to try and follow that. It does seem to be PHP related.

Note that I am working on total rewrite of the nextant app. if you can’t find a solution, you will have to wait few weeks for nextant 2.0

1 Like

Cool! :slight_smile:

Looking forward … thanks!