New NextCloud Provider : Call for testers

Hi, I’m in the early stages of providing managed NextCloud hosting. It’s currently at the point where I’d like to reach out to the community and get help kicking the tires this service.

Applications currently installed and ready for you to use are: Contacts, Calendar, Deck, Mail, Notes, Talk, Tasks. In addition, two-factor authentication is also setup, but optional.

I’m offering a free account with 5GB of storage (forever) in exchange for testing it out and giving feedback. Servers and data are hosted in the US (San Francisco).

Please email me at testers@foilr.com to request an account. Please include the username you want and your email address.

Thank you!

1 Like

What specific kinds of feedback are you looking for?

I’m looking for suggestions on additional apps that users would find useful, instance settings that could use more tweaks, general concerns about server performance, etc.

I’d like feedback on anything, really.

I’ve been receiving

# 504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/1.17.4

but it will go away upon refresh of the specific tab.

• www.foilr.com needs a website :wink: and mission statement and privacy policy.
  • Nice job with re-branding the wizard.
  • Considering modifying the example files to be your actual terms of service and other documentation.
  • Would be nice to provide a specific support email address.
  • Also, provide a specific admin contact within Nextcloud.
  • Could you clarify where your services are actually hosted data center-wise.
  • Also, please clarify if you intend to upload GDPR compliance.

On Apps and Features

• Nice job on including mail and draw.io!
  • I like how the admin side bar is collapsed by default
  • Collabora or OnlyOffice integration for office documents would be a killer feature to provide.
  • Data Request - for GDPR compliance and allowing users to request account export or deletion.
  • AppOrder - allow users to re-organize their menu.
  • Circles app - allow users to create their own ad-hoc groups.
  • Server Side Encryption + External Storage, even if only other Nextcloud and Webdav. I personally think those are really awesome things to offer all users.
  • I’ve stuck with the same instance for some time and appreciate they offer Bookmarks and News app.

Thank you for the kind words and feedback.

504 Gateway Time-out

That’s no good, I’ll def. get to the bottom of that ASAP.

www.foilr.com needs a website

That is currently being worked on :slight_smile:

Consider modifying the example files to be your actual terms of service and other documentation.

Good idea on having the default files be something more important than the default NextCloud files.

Would be nice to provide a specific support email address.
Also, provide a specific admin contact within Nextcloud.

Great idea to include a support contact in the contacts app.

Could you clarify where your services are actually hosted data center-wise.

Services are currently hosted in San Francisco, CA but plans are to distribute it so user’s data are hosted on servers near them, at some point.

Also, please clarify if you intend to upload GDPR compliance.
Data Request - for GDPR compliance and allowing users to request account export or deletion.

GDPR is a big issue that I’m looking into.

Collabora or OnlyOffice integration for office documents would be a killer feature to provide.

I’m hoping to get OnlyOffice integrated before going live.

AppOrder - allow users to re-organize their menu.
Circles app - allow users to create their own ad-hoc groups.

I’ll look at getting both of these apps installed.

Server Side Encryption + External Storage

I’m interested in getting server-side encryption setup. I haven’t used External Storage but know that it’s a big deal for a lot of people so I will look into getting that enabled, also.

… and appreciate they offer Bookmarks and News app.

Both of these apps will soon be installed, as well. Bookmarks requires a php extension be installed and it got put off. The News app is great and will be installed.

Thank you so much for the feedback, I’ve noted your comments and will start looking into them.