New install under docker on Pi - can't activate?

My previous install seems to have got completely screwed up, so I removed the whole thing (killed the docker container, removed the image and moved the data on my USB drive elsewhere) and tried to install again. However it seems to fail now to even install?

If I look in the container log I get:

$ docker logs -f nextcloudpi
Initializing empty volume…
Making /usr/local/etc/ncp-config.d persistent …
Making /etc/services-enabled.d persistent …
Making /etc/letsencrypt persistent …
Making /etc/shadow persistent …
Making /etc/cron.d persistent …
Making /etc/cron.daily persistent …
Making /etc/cron.hourly persistent …
Making /etc/cron.weekly persistent …
Making /etc/apache2 persistent …
Starting PHP-fpm
Starting Apache
Starting mariaDB
2018-10-19 18:13:36 1996070240 [Note] mysqld (mysqld 10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1) starting as process 84 …
Starting Redis
Starting Cron
Starting Postfix
Uninitialized instance, running nc-init…
Activating nc-init
Setting up a clean Nextcloud instance… wait until message ‘NC init done’
Setting up database…
Setting up Nextcloud…
Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user: www-data
Owner of config.php: ncp
Try adding 'sudo -u ncp ’ to the beginning of the command (without the single quotes)
Init done

And it just sits there. If I go to the web page I get the activation screen with the passwords etc, but if I select activate it says “NextCloudPi not yet initialized, trying again in a few seconds …” and again just sits there retrying.

@nachoparker is the current dockerhub image working? I’m using the command

docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v /media/USB/NextCloud:/data --name nextcloudpi --restart=“unless-stopped” ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf 192.168.0.111

to install the container, which has worked in the past?

It was tested after release and it worked. Try with a regular volume -v ncdata:/data instead of /media/USB..., must be a permissions problem

I had something similar happen on the x86 docker; the nc-init.sh script was in the root folder instead of /data/ncp/
Moving it fixed the problem.
See https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/issues/684

Hi,

that script is fine where it is. I use the docker x86 container every day and it works.

you must have been seeing other issue

OK I’ve worked out what the issue is.

The HD is partitioned into two, one NTFS and the other EXT4. USB is the mount point for the NTFS, so the install was attempted onto the wrong partition. When I switched it across to the EXT4 one then the install went fine.

So it’s a permission issue due to the wrong partition format.

Sorry for the noise.