New install; no login

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27.1.4.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS x86_64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): unknown; apache installed with nextcloud
PHP version (eg, 7.4): n/a

The issue you are facing:

Following the instructions here I installed nextcloud via snap:

sudo snap install nextcloud

I created a user:

sudo nextcloud.manual-install username password

I did all of the other steps in the instructions, including adding my domain as trusted, and created an ssl certificate via lets-encrypt.

The web interface loads in a browser with a login screen, but I cannot login using the credentials username and password, it says ‘Wrong username or password.’. So I tried adding an email address:

sudo nextcloud.occ user:setting username settings email "self@email.com"

And confirmed the info with:

sudo nextcloud.occ user:setting username

And I then tried logging in with the email address, same problem. Finally I tried clicking on ‘forgot password’, but I never get the email.

I then re-installed ubuntu on my vps, and started the nextcloud install process over, but same problem.

I don’t find any logs in the obvious places:

/snap/nextcloud/current/logs/
/snap/nextcloud/current/var/log
/snap/nextcloud/39212/logs/
/snap/nextcloud/39212/var/log/

Any suggestions?

I don’t find any logs in the obvious places:

While I have not been able to figure out the problem, I did find a solution by following the instructions here. Specifically, after installing the nextcloud snap I added the trusted_domain by hand by editing config.php (this step could not be done at the command line), added a lets_encrypt certificate, and then used the web interface to add an admin account.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.