New Install : Can not log-in (wrong password?)

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 11.0.1 (installed using Softaculous 4.8.6 / cPanel 60.0.35)
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): linux 2.6.32-431.5.1.el6.x86_64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.2.31
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 5.3.29
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error and can you replicate it?: Yes

The issue you are facing:
I’ve tried installing NextCloud from cPanel on a shared host a several time but I can not log-in with the Admin Account (I keep getting a wrong password error). During the install I’ve tried both configuring my own user/password and leaving it at the stock “admin/pass” but same thing.

Note: I also have OwnCloud installed and working just fine (in it’s own directory) but had to get the hosting company to manually add “PHP version 5.6 information in Softaculous configuration” to get OwnCloud to install. One done it has been fine.

I see the follow Errors in CPanel:
PHP Notice: Constant PASSWORD_DEFAULT already defined in home/jmone/public_html/nextcloud/update_pass.php on line 12
PHP Notice: Constant PASSWORD_BCRYPT already defined in /home/jmone/public_html/nextcloud/update_pass.php on line 11

Thanks
Nathan

As a guess it would appear to me the softalicious install is potentially writing a default password to the install irrespective of what you choose? I’d likely loop in your hosting provider on this issue to for a little transparency into how they’re deploying it.

Thanks Jason - I’ve pinged their help desk and they did a “password reset” somehow and said they think it is a Bug in NextCloud (I passed on your remarks that it is more likely a bug in the Softalicious installer). Anyway, I have my sites up and going.
Nathan